Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

ARe your family/friends supportive?

Posted by   + Show Post

Are they supportive of your homeschooling? 

If not, what do you say to them... and do you let it bother you that they aren't?

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:14 PM
Replies (31-35):
sew4fun
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 3:30 AM

For the most part no they are not. My husband is really the only one aside from a few church friends that do not think I am crazy. His family calls me stupid and crazy for wanting to do it, my family feels the same way . I have a few friends that think we are crazy too but we do not let it bother us. OUR kids , our rules and as parents we get to choose what we think is best for our kids :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Nope, I'm ruining my kids. LOL 8)

Danielle163
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:21 AM

My mom is 100% behind me--She gives me $ for DD's curriculum every year. Two of my siblings acted like I couldn't do it and my mom said they obviously don't know you very well. She then went on to say that she thought I was doing a wonderful job educating her grandchild. You just gotta love MOM!--LOL

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:16 AM
:) you too?

Quoting mem82:

Nope, I'm ruining my kids. LOL 8)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandysmom1107
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:11 AM

My side doesn't say anything about it because I have a background in Special Education. My inlaws have a few that say nothing and a few that are just obnoxiously against it and keep telling me that "my children need to be in a public school". It gets annoying, but when I look at it I see all the problems in the public schools and they way they are all forced to learn the same way, I know that I am doing what is best for my girls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN