Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm wondering how much some of you end up spending this time of year. I know some of you purchase curric and other's build your own, then there's all the back to school shopping for supplies, etc. How much would you say you spend in each one of these areas?

by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:17 AM
Replies (11-13):
luvthesoap
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I think I've spent about $300 so far. I still need to buy a new laser printer. A cheap on costs about $100.

Betty in KY

SimplySonita
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 12:52 AM

I've been meaning to add this up

Heratige studies (with teacher manual) $8 (used book store)

Apologia Zoology 2 $3 (curriculum share)

What would Jesus Do (for Bible study) $5 (used book store)

Let's Tackle Kindergarten (bought last year for this year) $26 (Amazon.com)

Discover the Wonder (science for PreK-also bought last yeaqr for this year) $8 (used book store)

Story Cubes- $6 (amazon.com)

Other curriculum is free or left over from last year-so nothing..

Various Supplies (like crayons, markers, glue, etc) $30 ($20 of that on glue! LOL) So under $100 easy for 2 kids-prek and 2nd grade

timon95
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 1:00 AM

curriculum for 2 will cost me around $400. we do not need much for supplies, bought them each another folder and notebook today. still waiting to see if i am going to need another binder yet for their work. i might buy some fun hands on math stuff for teaching fractions. usually buy extra books at barnes and noble also, so maybe another $100 there? i think that's it? hmmm... who knows, if i stuff i like or need throughout the year then we get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)