Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have a back to school routine?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:27 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have some people have their kids put backpacks on, and enter their house to take pictures of back to school. Kinda funny and cute but I don't know that I'm going to do that. Lol
I would like to do something special to kind of, play up that it's our first day.
Do you do anything on your first day back, if you don't unschool or school year round?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bellableu87
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 9:28 AM
This is my 1St year my DD is Pre K. My plan was to take her outside and take pictures with her all dressed up..no back pack though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:45 AM
When she was younger we would do first day crafts. Now she is in 5th grade, maybe do a first day lunch or dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:52 AM

no back to school routine! just our usual stuff, pray, math, english unit study

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I'd like to at least take a yearly picture or something to remember the years by.

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 5:47 AM

We go out and get breakfast on our first day back, and take pictures at breakfast. The first day is when I let ds decorate and label his portfolio for the year, too.

mammato6
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 7:39 AM

We have a "Back to school" lunch party! Every year we order pizza for lunch on our "first day" back and have soda and sometimes ice cream just to get them excited about a new "year" (we school for the most part year round)

Kristina~
Stay At Home/Homeschooling Mom to:
Lillian 7/00, Nora 7/01,
Holly 10/04, Evelyn 5/06, Andrew 2/08, Rory 5/09, Natalie 2/11
family in the van                in love
                             Married to my Wonderful since 8/99

misselphaba
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 12:25 PM

We take a picture of the kids on the first day of Options (their homeschool enrichment program), but I think that's about it.  Otherwise, it's life as usual, so I'm always taking pictures!  LOL

I do think it's cool when people get their kids a backpack and take their kid's picture every year wearing the same backpack.  Watch the backpack shrink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)