Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Galloping the Globe - who uses it?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

My youngest twins are starting Kindergarten in two weeks and we are going to be using the Galloping the Globe unit study. I was hoping to get some tips, advice or anything useful from any of you moms who've used it before. Thanks a lot. 

by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Earthy_Mom
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Never heard of it, is there a website to read more about it? Sounds interesting and like something I should check into.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I am not familiar with it so here is a bump 

crafthag
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Earthy_Mom
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Thanks for the link... hope someone here knows more about it for you and can answer your questions!

mom2queenie2004
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I was interested in it at one time, but I could not get my hands on a copy before I bought it.... :( so I decided to go another route

misselphaba
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:55 PM

We have it.  It's alright.  My kids don't like doing busy work worksheets.  We are going to get this from Confessions of a Homeschooler ~ http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/world-geography (she says it can be used as secular too, that there's just a bible verse or something here and there and then there are ideas for books about missionaries to the country, and you'd just skip them ~ basically the same as GTG). 

We really really really LOVE "Little Passports", though.  LOVE IT!!

ETA ~ GTG and the EE from Confessions of a Homeschooler are pretty much the same thing, I think.  The EE is $15.  I don't recall how much GTG was.  I like the lapbook templates EE has more, though. 

SCmomof3girls
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I have not used it but I was looking at it. I found it by this website http://www.homeschoolcreations.com/Geography.html

sweetserenit292
by Member on Jul. 30, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Quoting misselphaba:

We have it.  It's alright.  My kids don't like doing busy work worksheets.  We are going to get this from Confessions of a Homeschooler ~ http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/world-geography (she says it can be used as secular too, that there's just a bible verse or something here and there and then there are ideas for books about missionaries to the country, and you'd just skip them ~ basically the same as GTG). 

We really really really LOVE "Little Passports", though.  LOVE IT!!

ETA ~ GTG and the EE from Confessions of a Homeschooler are pretty much the same thing, I think.  The EE is $15.  I don't recall how much GTG was.  I like the lapbook templates EE has more, though. 

I really enjoy her website and the fact that she keeps the cost very low.

Gumberly
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 12:51 PM
I am using it but not as a unit study just for geography. I pick and chose books and activities from it to use.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)