Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hooray! We are official!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I sent in my paperwork to the state last week, and got my "okay" to homeschool for 2011/2012. All I have to do now (officially) is withdrawal her from the actual school.

Whew! Load off my mind! Hooray!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Replies (11-16):
sew4fun
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 3:37 AM

YAY !

mamabens
by Miranda on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Quoting romacox:

Quoting mamabens:

you have to get a letter and be approved? Here all you have to do is send them a letter of intent to homeschool &  you have to re enroll them yearly so we just  send in the letter & NOT enroll them.

The laws are different in each State.  You can check the legal requirements in your State by contacting your State's Homeschool Association.  Here is a link  where you can find it. ..simply  scroll down until you see  your State, and click on it. 

yeah I already know the laws for my state. I jsut knew she was close to me(like less than an hour) but in a different state & didn't think it was THAT different. lol

Want to get prizes & gift cards just for searching the internet? Sign up for swagbucks here....
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mamabens

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Yep, that border changes things. Lol but really it was super easy. At the end of the year she has to be assessed, but there are options on how to do it. I'll think about that LATER. lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:30 AM

yea!!

mamabens
by Miranda on Aug. 6, 2011 at 12:05 AM

WOW it really does...here they don't have to be assessed at all.  You just liet them know you know the laws & what's required  in a letter & that's it! (see maybe you should move here...haha jk)

Quoting Boobah:

Yep, that border changes things. Lol but really it was super easy. At the end of the year she has to be assessed, but there are options on how to do it. I'll think about that LATER. lol!

Want to get prizes & gift cards just for searching the internet? Sign up for swagbucks here....
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mamabens

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 6, 2011 at 8:02 AM
I have been wanting to move! Haha if kevins work wasn't here nothing would be holding me here. I would like to move at least 3 hours away, preferably 18 so the inlaws won't visit. ;) maybe another country! Hehee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)