Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Somebody, please STOP me!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 3:02 AM
  • 22 Replies

I am a curriculum, book buying, school shopping JUNKIE!!!  I have a little job on the side and all my money goes to that classroom!  Anyone else with this problem?

teacher

by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SCmomof3girls
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:18 AM
I would be fine if it was not for the Target dollar spot right now LOL! They have so many neat flashcards and booklets. I have looked through them about 10 times and I do it everytime I go in and find something else I want.
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:28 AM

No problem with that here.   I was when we first started homeschooling but most of the things I purchased the kids had no interest in so that went away fast!!!  <hugs> 

Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Nope never have had that problem.  Personally I don't like spending money on it so I research before ever buying certain items.  I also like to get things that I know I can resell if I don't like.  Like certain curriculum's.  We also use workbooks and those I know I can't ever resell b/c they get torn out and used.  Anything else like glue, etc. I just replace when needed.

mom2queenie2004
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:02 AM

oh yes. DH calls me his little curriculum wh*re.... It is an awful word i know, but he means it in the most loving way

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:51 AM
My hubby has to put me on a budget because I spend way too much on classroom stuff....lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:52 AM
So cute...hubby and I talk like this too

Quoting mom2queenie2004:

oh yes. DH calls me his little curriculum wh*re.... It is an awful word i know, but he means it in the most loving way

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Yes, I guilty. *hides her stuff* This is the first year I'm putting together the curriculum. I find some that are okay and then later find some that are better. It's annoying some times, but I would rather have what is great for my family over what is okay, and hubby knows it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maridel
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM

guilty!

timon95
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:00 PM

guilty, just bought some classroom supplies today. will slowly start to buy my curriculum along with other books. i can't help it! i want them to learn as much as possible!

wright1212
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM

No and YES. I dont buy any books-everything I use is online (lessonpathways) or in my head. I have a few of those cheap books from dollar tree, but they are fillers. BUT supplies-yes oh yes. I have BAGS I have not even gone through. Everything is so DA** cheap right now I cant stop. I spent $38 at staples but after doing the rebates it was $13!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I went back this week and bought 2 5shelf bookshelves for $50 from biglots just to put all this crap on. OH and I went to target..jeez. There 1 section was so great, president flash cards, little alphabet stamps, foam shapes, shape workbook, oh my husband literally dragged me away from it. I am going to try to get a video of all my new junk for my Vlog.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN