Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How is everyone?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

It's been a busy week for us, how have you all been hanging in there?  I miss talking to everyone!  

I went and got a laser printer today, and decided to put it in my office instead and bring the color one up to the education room.  I never use color for my business, so it made the most sense.  

I started printing my planner today, and realized I might want thicker paper because you can kind of see through to the other side, and once I write with a pen or pencil it might get distracting.  SO, step back there.  I don't know when I'll get to the store to get more.

What did you do this weekend?

WAHM of Coco Bear Cloth and retailer for several major brands including BumGenius, Flip, GroVia, Rockin Green, Piggy Paint, Melissa & Doug and more! 

by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SuprMom12042702
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Thisweekend. I really didn't do anything productive lol With four kids running around {well actually just 3 kids, the baby is only 6 months old}, I don't get much accomplished some days. LOL
I did however get our marker board hung up in the class/dining room, I put school books up in their cabinets {we are going through connections academy} I bought a few school supplies to start the year with, etc. I have my planner laid out on the computer, but need a couple crates of ink for the printer lol
But on a more postive note, while I wasn't doing anything productive school wise over the summer. I accomplished getting my 20 month old over her fear of water being in her face, and my 7 year old can swim completely under water. So all in all it was a great weekend. Now if I could get just get desk/office area in the class/dining room organized, things would be a lot easier.
(then again, having a bigger house would make things easier too lol)

SCmomof3girls
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:38 PM

We use an online planner...I'm kind of sloppy with paper stuff like that so it was easier for me this way. (Homeschool Tracker Plus)  Schoolwise-I did almost nothing this weekend (was supposed to input next weeks work into the planner, but it's on DH's computer and he won't get off his game. Guess I get to get up early and do it after he goes to work).  I did get the PreK Brainquest workbook for my 3 year old to do....she insists on having "school' with the older girls and wants her own book to use like them.  Non school-we took them to see the Smurf's movie today...very cute movie.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM
I've been looking over everything and realizing that there are things that need to be different. So I'm not ready for school and need supplies still. So it was productive and not at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:28 AM

yes sounds like thicker printer paper will be needed!

this weekend we went to a hapa hoale competition, was very good!!!

fishing afterwards on the lewis river and church on sunday, and fishing and dinner on the boat afterwards

and it was in the 80s!!! has been for about 3 days now! hot!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 1, 2011 at 7:52 PM
I got my paper! And printed and bonded my planner. I still have to create my covers and laminate them and add a few pages.

How ironic is it that I bought that laser printer and my HP died today. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:45 AM

My sister is in town, so we've spent a lot of town with her kids over at my mom's...

I had to set up my mom's new computer 'cause she's tech illiterate. I've driven my kids all over the city (beach day, lunch with them both, cleaned out the garage, potting shed and carport (we have my brother's truck for dump runs next week, now we're ready), climbed a local mountain for something to do and bought groceries....

This is the lookout on the mountain:

...nice day, eh?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN