Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

WOW! REALLY?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:05 AM
  • 18 Replies

I think I made a mistake by joining this group. When on CM I generally stay in my homeschooling groups to avoid having to read the bashing and drama that goes on everywhere else. I really enjoy all of my other homeschool groups so when I saw this group I thought it would be great to have another group to escape to after a long day. I have not  in all my other homeschool groups seen so much negativity. Sence when did it become ok to bash peoples parenting choices and their religion? I thought the point of these groups was for help and guidance not for putting people down.

by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misselphaba
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Wow!  What posts are you talking about??

misselphaba
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Are you talking about that *one* post about the rebellious child?  Out of 695 posts, it's that *one* post you are talking about?

victoriaherring
by Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:30 AM

oh goodness, I guess I missed something. I'm not in this group much, usually only to find info I am curious about homeschooling.

Sorry you feel this way though.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 1, 2011 at 7:24 AM
I am not sure what post either, unless it is the rebellious one. And like the other ladies said, that is honestly the only one I've seen. These women are some of the nicest, most helpful people I've met on cm. I come here for a break from the drama. Lol

I'm sorry you feel that way, good luck on your journey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I'm not sure what posts you are referring to.  Tell us please.  I went back and looked over the rebellious one and I don't think that could be it because it seemed everyone stayed pretty civil in it.

misselphaba
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I am thinking that she must be posting in the wrong forum.  LOL  That's the only thing it could be.

OR mad and taking it personally that some of us are secular and not religious?

oredeb
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:09 AM

yes smaltownmom, please tell us ?? and if it was me im very sorry!!!

debbie

supermeof3
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Ditto to this ;)

Quoting victoriaherring:

oh goodness, I guess I missed something. I'm not in this group much, usually only to find info I am curious about homeschooling.

Sorry you feel this way though.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:11 AM
I'm lost as well. I've not read the rebellious child thread lately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:13 AM

What posts are you talking about? I have yet to see any bashing in here. Or do you mean CM in general?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN