Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My favorite "I need to do the dishes and the kids are driving me crazy" activity

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:56 AM
  • 10 Replies

Lately, it seems getting my "chores" done is getting harder and harder to accomplish.  Yesterday, the kids were going bonkers, daddy was in a bad mood because he didn't feel good, and I *needed* to get the dishes done.  SO I resorted to my favorite "I need quiet time" activity.  

Shaving foam!! 

(These pics are from a few months ago, I forgot to take pics yesterday!)

What is your favorite activity for when you really need the kids to be occupied?

by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swim-mom72
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM

I wanna come to your house!! LOL That looks like so much fun! Mine are 14 and 11 now, but when they were younger collages worked well. I would put out old magazines, yarn, beans, pasta, glue and scissors and let them create.

And still today, play-doh works with my 11 yo!

oredeb
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:11 AM

fantastic soooo cute!!!

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:20 AM
Crafts for my 10 yo. Nothing for my 10 mo yet, he is my handful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplySonita
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM

The only time I REALLY need to ocupy my kids is ifI need to make a business call. Then I usually turn on the TV for them or let themplay MArioKart. But mine are 4 & 7

If I'm doing dishes, then they are usually cleaning something too. Usually the kitchen table or sweeping right along side me int eh kitchen.

KelleyBamboo
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 1:29 PM
I do this too! Only I use cool whip, cause mine are 11 mo and 2.5 yrs :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 1, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Cool whip is a great idea for little ones! Chelsey was probably 18 months her first time we did shaving cream. She loves it.
I try not to use it too often so they stay interested. Yesterday it saved my sanity. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelleyBamboo
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Sensory tubs are a BIG hit with my oldest, as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:31 AM

What fun!

My kids used to do that with food colouring drops (for colour) in the bathtub...

sew4fun
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 1:20 AM

What are those ?

Quoting KelleyBamboo:

Sensory tubs are a BIG hit with my oldest, as well!

sew4fun
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 1:22 AM

I may try the cool whip thing my youngest would eat the shave cream LOL. I do not have a problem when I need to do dishes it is when I need to clean anything else LOL. I sometimes will put on music for them ( Dora, Backyardigans, and Disney hits are their faves) or let them play with their "play books" wich are just books that it is ok if they get messed up or board books.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN