Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you know......

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

That Half price books gives "teacher discount cards" to homeschool parents as well ? They do !!! I got one today you get 10% off each purchase ( books and learning video's, tapes ect..) and they also send special coupons and deals via e-mail and snail mail ! So excited about this !! I also found out that Mardell, Office Max and Staples also give discounts for homeschool parents.

by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Yes! I just got a card a couple weeks ago. Jo anns does too, since I know you are into crafts like me. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AntroNet
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:23 PM

What "proof " do you need to have to let them know you teach homeschool?  I am not registered yet cause I only have a 1st grader and pre-k students.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I am really not sure. I was buying an A Beka book and they asked what private school I teach at , I told them I homeschool. I would call and ask them what proof they need. I know in Texas they are very home school friendly and most places do not ask for proof ( so I have heard) since the state does not require much proof that you home school ( such as "report cards" and lesson plans ect)

Quoting AntroNet:

What "proof " do you need to have to let them know you teach homeschool?  I am not registered yet cause I only have a 1st grader and pre-k students.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Now how did ya know that ? LOL I just found that out today talking to a friend . I will have to see what I need to do to get the discount there.

Quoting Boobah:

Yes! I just got a card a couple weeks ago. Jo anns does too, since I know you are into crafts like me. :)

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM

We need a post for *JUST* a list of places that offer homeschool discount cards! :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

we're in CWCB & craft cafe together. :)  Well, at least I think you are still in cuties.  I just realized your name is sew4fun.  haha I guess that gives it away as well.  ;)

SCmomof3girls
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 9:24 PM

What exactly do you do to get it? We definately shop a good bit at Staples for supplies, a discount would be great.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

We need a post for *JUST* a list of places that offer homeschool discount cards! :)

Good Idea!  I know Books a Million does (20% discount)

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

sew4fun
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:27 AM

LOL I was just messin with ya. I have not been in CWCB in about a year now. But I was there :)

Quoting Boobah:

we're in CWCB & craft cafe together. :)  Well, at least I think you are still in cuties.  I just realized your name is sew4fun.  haha I guess that gives it away as well.  ;)

sew4fun
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Go to customer service or information ( wich ever the store has) and ask if they give discounts to teachers and home educators and ask how to get them .

Quoting SCmomof3girls:

What exactly do you do to get it? We definately shop a good bit at Staples for supplies, a discount would be great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)