Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do any of you HOMESCHOOL.. WITHOUT CURRICULUM?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am not speaking of the "unschoolers"

I am talking about people giving out photocopies etc.. Just using the internet and other stuff.. Not a curriculum ...per se?

How much does it cost you a year?

Do you honestly feel your child is getting a GOOD/QUALITY education?

How much work is it for you??

NOT BEING SNARKY.. In any way.. Just needing the info..

Tonia

by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 2, 2011 at 8:05 AM
I don't use a box curriculum, but I use some pre made stuff.

For example, I am using all about spelling, handwriting without tears, Saxon 1, story of the world that are all pre made for me. I kind of pieced my own choices together to make a curriculum that is right for us. Then I am doing my own thing for art, music, nature, science (kind of), etc.

Is that what you mean, or strictly no pre made things?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crafthag
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I don't use a specific curriculum. This year for math we will use Math U See. We tried a Text Book for Socials Studies last year and it was boring boring boring. This year we will focus on History/Social Studies through several different resource books and litereature books. Our science is going to be a lot of hand on experiments we ordered a premade kit that had all of the experiments pre packaged. 

oredeb
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 1:52 PM

i homeschooled all my kids without a  curr. using library and internet when it came available,

i used a workbook math book and copied stuff for the other, and wrote out my own worksheets, used the chalk board a lot, library had lots of stuff to help me, i enjoy doing it, so it wasnt work for me, lesson planning and research is my favorite thing! i made up unit studies that included all subjects, and we also had(have) a math book and english book to do everyday

cost hmmm i couldnt afford anything so not very much! hahaha the copying would cost, i also used those blue sheets to make worksheets so i could make copies myself, it'd cost any where from 50 dollars to 100 dollars a school year(i school from sept- may with summers off) school supplies my mom would buy us.

oh yes they got a very good quality education! they chose not to go to college then.most of them are married and have good jobs!

but a couple of them are talking about going to college now(teacher and some kinda mechanic school)

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I am in the early stages of preparation for preschool. I am using ABCJesuslovesme.com partnered with the book Before Five in  Row. I am also using various websites to help me make my own unit studies. I am loving all of this planning. Depending on how this goes, I might do my own thing for Kindergarten as well. There are so many online resources. I purchased a laminator this year which has been a GREAT tool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN