Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alphabet lace up cards

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 3:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was thinking of print off the letters of the Alphabet , gluing them onto bright card stock, cutting them out, puching holes along the edges and getting them laminated. My thought is that I can give her some yard with tape at the ends and let her "sew" or lace the cards. What do you think ? I was also thinking that I would find some things that start with each letter of the alphabet and put them on each letter and let her help.

by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peanut06
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I love it!  We're just using letteroftheweek's Prep Curriculum, but I think we'll try something like this next year with the full Letter of the Week Curriculum.  Thanks for adding to my ideas *(and helping me use the mountain of random fabrics in storage)!

sew4fun
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 3:23 PM

if you want to get more detailed with it you can make them all out of fabric and put rivets ? ( the little metal things that make holes LOL) around the edges . I was thinking about also making some fabric letters and numbers to play games with . I am working on an I spy letter and number game.

Quoting peanut06:

I love it!  We're just using letteroftheweek's Prep Curriculum, but I think we'll try something like this next year with the full Letter of the Week Curriculum.  Thanks for adding to my ideas *(and helping me use the mountain of random fabrics in storage)!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM

nice idea!!!

Maridel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:49 PM

love it! I might use this

sew4fun
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 11:19 PM

I keep thinking about this since my biggest issue with Jo is her letters, she does not know them by sight or sound. So I want to really get alot of letter work in with her. I was thinking since she loves crafts I could cut out a bunch of letters and let her decorate them with all kinds of cool stuff, make letter cookies and trying to think of more.

starmy63
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM

You could lay out a cookie sheet and cover it with cornstarch, rice, etc. and let her practice tracing her letters in it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)