Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Started today... :-)

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

Our official start date is tomorrow but we got a jump start on spelling. I find that it is much easier for my girls to finish a unit successfully if we keep it as  Mon-Fri thing. They get the next week's list on Friday and it is up to them if they want to look it over. Spelling is my eldest daughter's poorest subject which causes her to feel anxious about it. We use a number of different tools to keep spelling fun as well as help her understand the "rules" of language.

They both went through two lessons today and were so excited to get back into the swing of things.

by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
oredeb
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:37 PM

yea!!!

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:39 PM

awesome! We started several weeks ago for the first time with a schedule. I started just a little bit in the mornings doing devotionals, sometimes I will add in a craft or writing (my kids are young)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Yeah!!!!  I'm still so not ready, thinking we will start first week of Sept :)  Congrats!!!

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Same here. Our "Start Date" was yesterday, but we did a few Math-U-See lessons last week. All is going OK, still tweaking a few things here & there. .

sew4fun
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:14 AM

That is great ! What ages ?

fygfitness_mom
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:37 AM

My girls are eight and nine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)