Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Preschool

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:12 AM
  • 11 Replies

Please list preschool curriculums that you have heard of or tried. I for one am looking for something that is "easy" for me to do with her ( not have to go all over the place finding work sheets and such) inexpensive,and will teach her alot. I know there are probably other moms here looking for suggestions or feed back on curriculums as well . I have thought about  a beka and letter of the week. The problem with a beka is the cost. My problem with letter of the week is they say she should be on the intro stage ( not sure the name of it) but she knows everything but her letters so I kinda feel that would be a waste of her time and mine since she knows colors ,shapes , animals ect.. and the first stage for preschool says she has to know her letters and sounds, so I am not sure what to do there.

Has anyone tried preschool palace ?  Anyone have suggestions ? I really want to work on letters, sounds, numbers, counting and adding ( nothing major just 1+1=2type stuff )

by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mynameismuerte
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:37 AM
We didn't use a curriculum for PK. We just played games, explored the world around us, used dollar store workbooks, read a gazillion books, etc. At the end of PK once he had the letter sounds down (Thanks Leap Frog videos!!) We introduced the K Hooked on Phonics.

We didn't bother with simple addition until K. Before that we did lots of counting, including skip counting and making sure he had number recognition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Before Five in a Row

peanut06
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:50 AM

letteroftheweek.com has a lot of freedom and links to free worksheets and coloring pages.  We started Monday morning with Dooby, Dooby Moo by Doreen Cronin and walking around the room like cows.  Then, Tuesday, she painted the letter A and played with it on starfall.com.  Just some of our activities, 2 days into preschooling.

The fun of this is that the books, poems, songs, fine and gross motor skill activities work well to include 1 year old ds with his almost 3 year old big sister's preschool :)

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 8:41 AM

ABCJesuslovesme.com

mamabens
by Miranda on Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:11 AM

This is what we're doing with Harrison this year. Well, probably all through pre k. He's only 2 but asked  if he was  having school too(while I was getting the girls stuff together) so I said yes. We're  jsut doing very basic & not   a lot this year though.

Quoting mynameismuerte:

We didn't use a curriculum for PK. We just played games, explored the world around us, used dollar store workbooks, read a gazillion books, etc. At the end of PK once he had the letter sounds down (Thanks Leap Frog videos!!) We introduced the K Hooked on Phonics.

We didn't bother with simple addition until K. Before that we did lots of counting, including skip counting and making sure he had number recognition.

Want to get prizes & gift cards just for searching the internet? Sign up for swagbucks here....
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mamabens

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Miranda, how cooperative has Harrison been? What do you do to keep him busy? Cheesy is killing me. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Aug. 6, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Well we haven't started yet but what the plan is & what we did last year is during schooltime we give him his own "school work" to do. It may be letting him sit in his highchair & play with playdough, giving him a color page or two, lettinghim play a computer game or he has some falsh cards he LOVES to get out & sit by himself &  go over what  each one is.  They are Baby Einstein cards & he'll pull one out & yell 'dis is a frog' , etc lol.

Quoting Boobah:

Miranda, how cooperative has Harrison been? What do you do to keep him busy? Cheesy is killing me. Lol

Want to get prizes & gift cards just for searching the internet? Sign up for swagbucks here....
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mamabens

oredeb
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 11:22 AM

rod and staff use to have some good preschool stuff oh and i just seen some of christian libertys preschool stuff, it looks good!

Maridel
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 9:37 PM
I use hubbardscupboard.org for the 3 yo curriculum and also love starfall.com to work on letters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sew4fun
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM

thanks ladies !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN