Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What extra curricular things do you do?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:14 AM
  • 25 Replies
We are thinking of doing gymnastics at the YMCA, and possibly piano lessons, but I'm waiting to see how the first couple weeks go before enrolling.

I want to get into a local homeschool group just to have some friends, but am having a hard time finding one I like.

I don't want to overextend us, so I'm taking it slooooow. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyHippie
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:11 PM
My son plays competitive baseball...and rec basketball. (he wants to do club BOTH but we don't have the days in the week for that! LOL!) He also has taken drum lessons for almost 4 years.
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:14 PM
I would like to do more things but right now all she does is girl scouts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:32 PM

My oldest is in a computer club & my middle is going to start in a homeschool choir this year & my middle & youngest have a play date/class with friends every other week

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Currently none.  My kids have no interest in any extra stuff right now, kind of depressing :(  I once was a soccer mom....

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 5:53 PM

We participate in a co-op once a week for 10 weeks in the fall and 10 weeks of spring. My oldest son is a copetitive swimmer and practices 5 days a week. My younger son does Jiu jitsu 3 days a week. And that is plenty for us : )

misselphaba
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:30 PM

My son (8 in two weeks) does archery.  He might want to do Tae Kwon Do, but he's not sure.

My daughter (5.5) does dance, swimming, and vision therapy right now.  She's completely desperate for violin lessons.  She brings it up every single day.  EVERY DAY at least twice.  She just has to wait until she's done with vision therapy.  We pay almost $250 a month for vision therapy, so until that money is freed up, she just can't have the violin lessons yet. She also really wants to do Tae Kwon Do.

They both also go to a one day a week homeschool enrichment program through the public schools.  Well, my son has been going for two years and my daughter will start on the 23rd. 

ToraMay
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM

We mostly do library events.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM

There aren't any other homeschoolers in our area, so groups are out.  We are very active in our community and serve several times a month at the food bank.  My husband and I lead the worship team at our church, and each of our children are involved in some way.  

SouthernMama08
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:45 AM

My son started gymnastics at 2 years, so he's done that for about 1.5 years.  This year he's decided he wants to do something else.  So we are thinking about something called CORE.

We also do MOPS.

Loving wife ...Proud Homeschooling Mama ...TTC#2 ...BLOGGING it all on the way...Follow me at Throwing Marshmallows

crafthag
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM
We participate in 4h, soccer, violin lessons, and church
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN