Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What extra curricular things do you do?

Posted by   + Show Post
We are thinking of doing gymnastics at the YMCA, and possibly piano lessons, but I'm waiting to see how the first couple weeks go before enrolling.

I want to get into a local homeschool group just to have some friends, but am having a hard time finding one I like.

I don't want to overextend us, so I'm taking it slooooow. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Replies (21-25):
TheHighLife
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM

My boys are almost 3 and 5. They're doing gymnastics  and were doing soccer, but the soccer center closed.  : (

jeng1980
by Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM

My son who is 7 is in scouts and we wnat to put him in guitar lessons.  My daughter who is 5 is in scouts and gymnastics.  My baby boy who is almost 3 just tags along and is one of several cub scout mascots in our troop.

We meet once a month with the homeschool group here and go on field trips with them as well as have get togethers with just moms and then as families too.  We also have park day once a week when it gets cooler.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM
I also want to start my daughter with violin lessons...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2011 at 12:08 AM

My hubby and I teach them voice, piano, guitar and drums too, and we have a friend who has volunteered to teach them violin and knitting and needlepoint.  Another friend gave me some counted cross stitch to teach them with.  

I really wanted to get them into dance, but with four girls, and 100 miles travel every day we needed to come into town, it's just not really workable for us.

fairybaby55
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Well this is our 1st year homeschooling in this area but my bro and SIL also have been homeschooling and are in a really active homeschooling group that we have recently joined and met a few of the families. They do things like camping, park days, beach days, field trips, etc.  So we will do some of that.  Plus my oldest is going to join a library advisory board and both my girls will be involved with the church.  They also recently started going to the humane society to volunteer with my husband on any Saturday they can make it.  I know how to play piano and I will teach them once we get a piano or keyboard. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)