Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I love my binding machine. LOVE.

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM
  • 18 Replies

I purchased a binding machine from Office Depot a few months back, and I just spent today binding several notebooks, planners, etc.  I had so much fun!  

Here is mine, getting ready to make a drawing pad:

Do you have a binding machine?  I didn't think it would be cost effective, but am finding that it will definitely save money in the long run.  

I gave an overview of it, as well as a tutorial on how to use it on my blog, if you'd like to read it.  :)

Here is the first project I made with it :)  It is a reading log.  I replaced the notebook pages with a printed log today.  

by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM

OH COOL!!!! 

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I have a Bind-It-All.. Mainly used by scrapbookers . it cost $60, small & easy to use. It will punch through  chipboard wood/acrylic & up to 12.5 inches (but I dont see why you couldnt punch more?). I also get A LOT of use out of my Cricut Expressions when making HS stuff!

Lo1427
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Oh I want!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM

<---- bind it all. forgot to add pic to last post.

oredeb
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 6:54 PM

those are so neat!!! those notebooks look like you bought them at the store!

sew4fun
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 7:12 PM

That is so crafty ! What does something like this cost round about ? Including supplies for it ? I do not know if it would be worth it for me at this point since she is just going to do preK but her and her sissy love to draw and I think these would also make great gifts !

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM

This one was $69 I think?  And then I had a coupon for $25 off a $100 purchase or something like that.  So I got some spines, and paper, things I knew I'd need.  I don't know how big it goes to though, I'd say about 11 1/2" because it is just a bit larger than a regular 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.  And I doubt it would go through acrylic though. It did go through a laminated sheet of card stock easily.  You can get a more heavy duty one, but I am okay with this one.  

I love my cricut, although I would LOVE to have the expression.  Mine is just the small one.  

Thanks, I can't wait to take pics of my planner and post them.  It turned out so nice, I think :)   

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 3, 2011 at 7:35 PM

oh gosh!  What a great idea!  My nieces and nephews would LOVE little personalized notebooks and a special pencil or something.  I am going to have to put that on the Christmas list!!

Knightquester
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Nice toy, I've been wanting to get one of those for some time.  Maybe I should put it on my list of things we need this year for school :-)

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:10 PM

awww darn!! now i want one! lol :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN