Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I love my binding machine. LOVE.

Posted by   + Show Post

I purchased a binding machine from Office Depot a few months back, and I just spent today binding several notebooks, planners, etc.  I had so much fun!  

Here is mine, getting ready to make a drawing pad:

Do you have a binding machine?  I didn't think it would be cost effective, but am finding that it will definitely save money in the long run.  

I gave an overview of it, as well as a tutorial on how to use it on my blog, if you'd like to read it.  :)

Here is the first project I made with it :)  It is a reading log.  I replaced the notebook pages with a printed log today.  

by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Replies (11-18):
padavali
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I used to go to them all the time in college and High school to have them bind reports.  I have found myself wanting one in the last year, but it never occured to me that they could be bought :)  Hmmmmm

ToraMay
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I like that!

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Oh, that was one of the tools I absolutely loved at my school!  I learned how to use it when I was teaching Kindergarten, and I used it all the time!  When I moved to a new school in a new state, I found one that was hidden away in storage, and taught all the other teachers how to use it!  I never thought of buying one at home.  That would be awesome!  I could make tons of stuff for my girls!

bugfree
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 2:00 AM

I love my binding machine!

I bind all of our coloring sheets into groups, so that we don't have paper all over the house.  Also, when my son was in PS, I made little class yearbooks for each kid in the class. 

Sometimes you can get really great deals on the bindings at amazon.  :-) 

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 10:48 PM

check out ebay or resell sites. Crafts supplies/tools always get "upgraded" and people who can afford it will throw out last years model to get the new...

The Bind-It-All I have is the "old model", so they may be on sale for cheaper than $70. and the wire binding is very cheap & if you buy a case it will last you a while at a good price.. The wires come in different sizes as well. So if you want to bind a small note pad you can.. But you can also bind all your math work last year into a 1'' book (maybe thicker?)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 5, 2011 at 7:59 AM
Great tip! I love eBay and amazon. :)

I forgot to mention that this spine can be opened, add pages, and closed in a few seconds. That is why I decided on this one. Im too indecisive for one I can't open. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I'm jealous!

sew4fun
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Yes and you can make recipe books, nature journals, sticker books, address books, planners, ect!!! I would love to have a meal planning binder ! LOL

Quoting Boobah:

oh gosh!  What a great idea!  My nieces and nephews would LOVE little personalized notebooks and a special pencil or something.  I am going to have to put that on the Christmas list!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN