Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Did your religion play a factor in deciding whether to home school....

Posted by   + Show Post

or was it strictly educational reasons?

by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Replies (21-28):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:04 PM
It was educational for us, and values. The kids she came in contact with in public school influenced her in all the wrong ways. You can't expect to surround a child with negative influences and none rub off. Her attitude was getting bad, and the educational side was horrid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Not just religion, but it was a factor in the equation. Plus I wanted a better education for my child. Better socialization, to be able to go in depth into a subject and learn the hows and whys. Not just the facts for a test. I wanted her to learn not just memorize and forget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sew4fun
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Not my religon persay but the views of my church kind of opened our eyes to alot of things that we didnt really think of in the past. Mostly it is education and morals that have us deciding to home school

Danielle163
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 12:48 AM

We are secular homeschoolers homeschooling due to bullying and social problems DD was having in K. & 1st grade.

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2011 at 12:57 AM

When I first decided I would have to say no, it wasn't religous NOR was it educational. I just loved them so very much and missed them terribly. I also hated the bullying and crap at the schools.  The very week I learned of home education (this was back in '94) I pulled them out and kept them home with me!

ballerina.2006
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 1:08 AM
No. Although I do think I will add a religous class in a year or two. We do not agree with a lot of what is going on in the public schools here or how the superintendets office does things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gumberly
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM
When I pulled my DS it was educational only. I continue because of education, morals, values, and faith.
TheHighLife
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 10:42 PM

No, it didn't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN