Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Camping...

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:01 AM
  • 14 Replies
Does anyone else love to camp? We are going next week for about 4-5 nights and we can't wait! Hubby will be gone for 3 days but will come when he gets back.

I'm planning on going through all my curriculum and making sure everything is ready for when we start at the end of the month, I want to finish a book I've been reading, swim, and relax! Oh I need it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:51 AM

oh yea we loveeeee to camp!  we are going for a 9 days at the end of august! we love to go way back into the woods and make up our own camp,  no one around, nice and quiet! no bike riders, no spandexers, nothing! hahah cant wait! catch our food from the creek, forge, lots of fun!!!

every chance we get we are gone! its our favorite thing to do on our anniverary!

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:09 AM

We started collecting camping stuff last fall.. Have not been able to actually go camping though. Maybe towards the end of summer when it starts getting nice out again we will go (crossing fingers). We live in TX so middle of summer camping doesnt seem like it would go very well.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:00 PM
The camping we do isn't as hardcore. Lol we have a popup camper, and we go to state parks and koa's. Next week we are going to moms camper, which really is barely camping. It's one of those campers on a permanent site with 2 bedrooms... Yeah. Lol but it's away from here!

We used to tent, until we had Julia. We have only gone primitive maybe twice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM

We are definitely a camping family!

We have a travel trailer and often use it for vacations and long weekends.  We mostly go to state parks, but have gone to private (pricey) campgrounds with swimming pools and game rooms, as well.  We love bike-riding and hiking, cooking outdoors, bird and deer and squirrel-watching, roasting marshies over a campfire, playing board games at the picnic table, and playing horseshoes and washers and lawn darts.  It's all good!

We also have a camper on some family property waaay out in the "woody swamp" area.  We go there often, also.  My husband has made lots of 4-wheeler trails, and we enjoy riding.  There are some deer and lots of rabbits and squirrels.  (Also, unfortunately, some snakes.)  I almost hate coming home to the hustle and bustle of everyday life after a weekend there!  My son wants to live there!!  I don't think I'm up for that, but we do enjoy it!  (I would take a cabin in the mountains as a permanent home, though!)

KelleyBamboo
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:29 PM
We are bigtime campers! Actually it's one of the things that sold dh on HS! We had plans for a big house when he's outta te Army, but have decided on a smaller townhome and rv! We plan to spans at least half of the year camping/roadrripping!
Before kids/Army/grown up life we were really only in town for periods of work, and were just saving to to get back out!
We used to be tent people, but have decided with kids and school that we'd better get something a bit more homey :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mynameismuerte
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:58 PM
We looooove camping here too! We have a pop-up. We are moving away from New England next week so during July, before DH left to start the new job we went camping on Mt Desert Island (Bar Harbor, ME & Acadia NP are there), Vermont and out to Cape Cod. I would LOVE to live on the road for a year (with a 5th wheel).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeolearning
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Oh yeah! We're going for 5 nights next week as well. Looking forward to taking it easy for a bit though I'm not sure how relaxing it will be with 3 kids (1,4, and 7) but they will have SO MUCH FUN! We've done two overnighters this summer but we're looking forward to taking a bit more time next week. My sister is sharing our space with us with her 2 kids and our husbands are coming on the weekend.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 5:04 AM

We haven't been camping in soOoooo long.  Its so so... I'm good as long as their are showers!  LOL

FlyHippie
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE to go camping!!!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

We haven't been camping in soOoooo long.  Its so so... I'm good as long as their are showers!  LOL

Did I actually say THEIR for THERE?  WOW I soooo never do that!  Note to self:  No posting when tired!

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN