Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your hobby?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM
  • 16 Replies
I sew, any free moment I can get. I love it because it never stops amazing me how I can turn a price of fabric into something beautiful and useful.

I am planning on teaching my oldest to make napkins this weekend. (a nice, straight stitch starter project).

I used to scrapbook, but haven't much since cheesy was born. I can never get away like I used to.

What calms and centers you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:47 AM
Reading, usually, sometimes video games and music.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I love to read as well.  Sewing is harder for me to get to, because it is down in the basement and I can't really take the girls with me, because they would get into everything and there isn't anything for them to do down there.  So most of my free time is spent reading.  

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:12 AM
My son gets in to everything, he is at that stage already, so reading for me is right before bed when he is asleep, or nap time like now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:34 AM

i have 2

gardening- vegetables, flowers, herbs , i can do all the time, love it out there in the garden, so peaceful, love getting my hands in the dirt, starting new seeds, anticipating the results, weeding, everything about it!

my second is making soap, i cant do that all the time  but its up there with gardening! just mixing those oils together, and adding the stuff from my garden! so exciting to see the results!

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:13 AM

My relaxing hobby: Reading!

My other hobby: Scrapbooking....Id love to learn to sew & crochet and Id really love to get into gardening !

But since venturing into homeschooling my reading consist of Homeschooling Book & my scrapbooking supplies get used to create things for Homeschool. . . Ive used my Bind It machine more for homeschooling than I did during scrapbooking..

2turtles
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Photography.  I just love it.  It is very calming.  I hope to spend more time doing it when the kids get older.  Here is a recent shot i got of a peacock..I love this guy!  :)

rebeccasmly
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Hobbies?? You mean there's time for hobbies! Lol.

I don't have a lot of extra time but I scrapbook, sew, cross stitch. I also enjoy reading when there is time.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I think it would be easier to ask me what is NOT my hobby LOL !!!!!!! I do a little bit of everything really . Soap making, candle making, bakingm gardening, sewing, bow making,wreath making,floral arrangements, party planning,jewelry making, scrapbooking. and I make all sorts of things for the home.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Oh yes photography, reading, writing, LOL

Maridel
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I love to read. I can zone out in a book no matter what is going around me. It really helps if I'm angry or upset, if I sit down to read awhile, when I finish sometimes I forget I was upset to begin with!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)