Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
I sew, any free moment I can get. I love it because it never stops amazing me how I can turn a price of fabric into something beautiful and useful.

I am planning on teaching my oldest to make napkins this weekend. (a nice, straight stitch starter project).

I used to scrapbook, but haven't much since cheesy was born. I can never get away like I used to.

What calms and centers you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM
Replies (11-16):
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Flower gardening/landscaping is my "escape!"  Nothing relaxes me more than getting outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine and getting my hands full of dirt (and ant bites and blisters and splinters -lol).  I can dig and hoe and trim and pull weeds and . . . while my thoughts just drift.  It's the best anti-depressant and energy pill available!

My second hobby, which I don't get to do very often, is scrapbooking.  I love pictures.  I love family memories.  I love thinking that one day these books will be treasured by my great-great-grandchildren.  (I hope!)  I really waaaaay behind right now, but this hobby will have its season when my children are grown.  Now, I'm just focusing on making the memories and taking pictures of them.

I also enjoy reading by myself (mostly Christian non-fiction--particularly, John Eldridge and Joyce Meyer and many others) and reading to my children (classic literature during school time and their choice at bedtime--usually means Boxcar Children for my son and Nancy Drew with my daughter).  Even though they are old enough to read on their own, and they often do, they still love being read to.  I don't pass up that opportunity! 

If I haven't said it before, I feel so blessed to be a homeschooling Mom!! 

luvthesoap
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I make soap.

Betty in KY

fygfitness_mom
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I am a bookaholic or at least that is how our local bookstores think of me. I read a lot and feel that there is never enough time for it. I also enjoy writing. I am currently working on my first novel and have finished a few children's books. I love photography and painting, both are therapeutic and fun. Really anything involving art is pretty awesome. We did a mosaic tile thing this summer with a girlfriend of mine that is an art teacher. We will be doing it as a school project next month.

My other love would be the kitchen. I love, love, love to create food you can fall in love with. Reading cookbooks is calming and makes me happy.

Travel, a massive hobby.

I also enjoy watching Christmas movies, not sure that is a hobby but I do it enough that it could be. :-)

There is so much I love doing, it's hard to pick just one.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Sometimes I feel like I have no real hobbies... I love facebook, cafemom, and occasionally I get on reading kicks but really that's about it for me. :(

armygirl16
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 12:25 AM
Knitting, reading )i LOVE my kindle), and I'm an amateur sewer but I'm teaching myself to sew.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 7, 2011 at 1:52 AM
Reading is always a good thing for me. I devour books. I need a nook or Kindle.

Scouting is kind of my hobby. I enjoy the kids and do many leader activities with my friends.

I also enjoy karate and NEED to train 3-4x a week or I go bonkers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)