Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Your favorite place

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:06 AM
  • 8 Replies
Do you have a place you go to relax? My favorite place is on my back deck. We just built it 2 years ago, and it was the best investment ever! We have super comfy chairs, a lounge chair, a table and chair set. I just sit and stare at the woods and listen to the birds.

I think I'll go there now! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:46 AM
When it's nice outside that is where we like to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I'd love to eventually make it a covered deck if we decide to stay here so we can come out more often and have shade.  I'd really only like about half of it covered, I think...

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:10 AM
We have an umbrella with our table and it does wonders for the heat. Nothing for the humidity though lol. We can't have a covered deck, we don't own the house, but when we move I hope to get or build one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:37 AM

my deck sits up high in the sky(i feel like im in the trees) and i love to sit there and watch the firs sway back and forth in the wind! dh covered part of it so i could bbq in the winter, so when the sun comes out under it i go!! and the cat follows!

also i love sitting down in my garden, so peaceful down there, my cat always follows me when i go down there and will sit in a chair!hahaha

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Those sound awesome! I'm visualizing, but you guys should share pics! I'll see if I have any. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 7:14 PM

well if you look on my blog theres some pictures of the deck and down by the gardens where i love to sit!!  http://mygardenofweeds.blogspot.com/

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Oh, I have several spots.

Actually, sitting here in front of my computer is relaxing.  I like reading all the posts of other homeschool moms which help me to feel like part of a group instead of the "weird one."  haha  I'm in my little 9 X 9 office.  It has three tables along the three walls and some built in cabinets on the fourth.  One is for my computer and printers, the other two are for scrapbooking.  The cabinets hold all my many books and photo albums.  It has two windows, one looks out over the patio and the other over the backyard.  It also houses my Barbie doll collection, my porcelain doll collection, my daughter's art work, and many framed photos of my kiddos.  It's small and a little cluttered, but it's my personal space without any obligatory things to do in here!  I love having it!

I also have a small table with two chairs on my front patio.  The lot across the road (2 acres) has never been sold and is still wooded.  This patio has the afternoon shade.  I have two large flower pots filled with plants and flowers on each side of my front door and a pot of begonias on my table.  I love sitting here, listening to the birds, and watching neighbors drive or walk or bicycle by.  It's peaceful! 

I also looove my backyard, especially when my children are spending time together happily and NOT arguing!  I love watching them swim or play in the treehouse or ride the four-wheelers together.  I just love to hear them laughing together--most joyful sound in the world!  I can sit out on the back patio and enjoy all my flowers and plants.  (Although, I have to admit, it's hard to stay sitting on the back patio.  There's just something that draws me to my flowerbeds, and I always find something that needs to be done--but that's peaceful for me, also!)

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Debbie that is gorgeous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)