Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you use binder's to organize schoolwork?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have been debating on how to organize all the papers we will have, and it seems like the most popular method is using 1 binder per subject.  

So what subjects do you feel need binders?  Do you organize them into sections?  Do you use 1" binders?  Or would those be too small?  

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oredeb
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:44 AM

i use binder or scrapbook for all the stuff i'm gona keep for the kids, and for all the other pages each child has a file and i put everything in it. and at the end of the school year i go through the files and toss what i dont want and put in the binder what im keeping.

and when the kids get older (adults) i give them the binder! packed with there best stuff and some of the funny mistakes stuff, pictures etc.

islumomma
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:53 AM

i use a binder per subject...reading/writing, math, science, social studies, sign language, state study, umm, grammar, etc..it helps alot then we also use workbooks but i leave the pages in those it gets to sloppy...then i have a binder a bigger one seperated into 2 one for isaac's papers and one for lucas' papers and a tabe for each grade..so when they are don't i put them into that binder and i'm done organizing lol

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Hmm Im sure this will change.

Right now I have 1 - 1'' binder that I keep all subjects in (i know i will have to change this soon!)... and I plan on getting a  "Planner" binder so i can plan ahead & it will be in a binder, divided by days, ready for me to grab & use..

I have a memory box (ive had since I was 13 or so) I throw stuff in for myself, me & dh have a memory box, and my dd has a memory box I keep stuff in...art with handprints, bday cards, 1 bday decor peice yrly, and any other memorabilia gets thrown in there, some ends up getting put in a scrapbook in time..

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I use hanging files and those plastic cubes to keep stuff in. They are great because they stack.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Im not sure what I will do yet. Hubby wants to do A Beka so from what I have seen everything is in its own book. but here is a bump

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:27 PM
This year I'm trying one 3" binder and tabs for separating subjects.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gumberly
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 11:16 AM
I should buy stock in a company that makes binders! I have a 1 inch binder for me that has the weekly schedule I have made up, my guide for history odyssey, extra paper, and a folder that I stick random stuff in. DS's Math work to do is in a folder, I place his completed work into a hanging file system I have. I pull pages out of the work books/test books for math and make copies so I can reuse them with my younger kids(is it bad to admit that?) so the actual math books are stored in a 3 inch binder. I have 1 inch binders for DS's work in geography,history, phonics, and science (I also have a binder for me to store the science guide in since we are using R.E.A.L. Science odyssey right now). So far 1 inch binders are working out fine for us but since we haven't completed the year yet that could change. I highly doubt it will though. I haven't really decided how I will be handling stuff when we complete this years work but if I keep getting new binders pretty soon they would probably over take the house so at some point I will need a plan lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)