Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How often do you go through your child's school work?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:00 AM
  • 4 Replies

I've seen posts where people go through daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and (uh oh!) even at the end of the year.  The end of the year would completely overwhelm me.  
I'd like to get on a weekly schedule, and definitely would like to eventually have this part of Julia's job.  I'm thinking if I start off this way from the beginning, and actually schedule it for (as an example) every Friday it would have better chances of getting done, and turning into a habit.  

How often do you go through their work?  Do you have a method, or just pull the best work and stick it in a binder? 

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
oredeb
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:40 AM

everyday to see how the child is doing, if things need to be gone over again, and see how they are learning, i always know how they are doing. another reason i dont have to test them! i already know what they know and what they dont!

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM

daily.. as soon as its done i try to look it over.. I dont know when I will throw the worksheets & stuff away. We have not been doing this long enough to know when it will feel right.

With crafts/ artwork some stick around on the fridge or I keep it in our school space for dd to see or play with for a while.. It all kinda rotates & gets put in the trash (if its not a project i want for a keepsake) once she forgets about it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I keep the best stuff and toss the rest, usually every day just as we go but sometimes I get a towering pile to go through. LOL

sew4fun
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Since Jo is so young and needs lots of instruction I will have to sit with her so I would not have to go through it persay I would be sitting right there. SHe does alot of crafts and such so I have a bin that she neatly puts her stuff in and we go through it together at least once every two weeks but try for every week. We mail some pieces to family ( her idea) and they love it , we toss some, reuse some ( turn it into something new or use the back for doodling paper) and save some in a folder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN