Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Help would be GREAT!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 5:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone,

I have 2 yr old twins that I want to start home schooling, while my oldest is at school. I plan on doing it for 40 minutes a day and divide it in to 20 minutes at a time. I would love for you ladies to help me with websites that can guide me on what I should be teaching them at this age and give me activities.

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
oredeb
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 6:59 PM

well freckles i can tell you what i did for that age

we just played, learned songs, danced, scribbled ( using very large paper) painted free style, learned bible verses, played some more, laughed,

debbie

Freckles85
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 2:55 PM

i GUESS LEARN THROUGH PLAY IT IS :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Yep, just work on colors by saying "get the red apple, I like your pink shoes, etc" and shapes the same way. Count everything out loud. How many times you you wrap the pony tail around their hair, how many buttons, how many fingers they have. Talk about body parts. Sing the alphabet song. Say b says (insert sound here), etc. Read lots! Let them get messy, paint, color, playdoh. Just make sure you supervise during this. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sew4fun
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I would check out letter of the week. It is a free program and they have a 2 yo program. Abeka also has something for 2yo's .I do alot of the "get your baby with the RED dress" or "I like your baby's red dress" type stuff too . I also try to sing silly songs to teach letters. And we count things out, well we do alot really but only becuase she wants to do EVERYTHING her big sissy does LOL

wright1212
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 9:25 PM

you cant do 'sit down' school with 2yo. They need to play. Just make sure to do a variety: dress up/pretend, art, building, ask why, counting things, shape puzzles, and read shoot for 5 books a day, music, climbing, throwing, exloring, and find other little ones for them to play with.  I love our state standards for prek, go to http://www.tn.gov/ and type TNELDS. it says learning goals for each age 0-5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN