Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Back to school planning?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 8:34 AM
  • 7 Replies
If you haven't started yet, do you plan on doing anything for the first day back to school?

I'm trying to think of some fun things to do since it's our first year. I'd like to make it special so she doesn't feel like she is missing out, kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 8:36 AM

My homeschool group has a big not going back to school party on the day public school starts here.  Its just a huge day of swimming, fun, food, wooo hooo!  I'm hoping I don't have to work that day!!!  We will officially start the first week of Sept and I have NO IDEA what we are doing yet!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:28 AM

That's a good idea! I have just been easing the kids back into school, very slowly. Starting with math review and letter writing practice for my son. This coming week, I'm going to have my daughter start a book report and my son will probably start practicing letter sounds again. Last year, we did them but I think we need to review some more. I have a baby due at the end of the month so I'm focused on getting our routine established.

Now, I think maybe Monday we'll do an 'offical' back to school thing. Maybe we'll make cupcakes for lunch. 8)

oredeb
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 11:28 AM

we just get our notebooks together read any introductions, etc

luvthesoap
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:44 AM

TOday will be our first day back. I don't have anything special planned. My son is 17 .

Betty in Ky

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM

We're going on vacation in September, so we're having a couple of weeks of school, then having a big "not back to school" celebration :).  Though will be learning along the way!

sew4fun
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I am planning on having a little back to school party for Jo and a few of her little friends that either homeschool or go the school at our church. I was planning on making little apple and bus shaped cake pops, have some sort of apple craft, and let her make a pencil wreath and I will serve them lunches in lunchboxes ( I want to make them but have not found a tutorial yet) that they can take home. I am trying to think of more things to do .

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:31 AM

We haven't stopped yet. Right now though my daughter is doing a lot of review. We are in the middle of moving and this makes it easier on me while I sort through all of our stuff. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)