Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is happening to us?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM
  • 3 Replies

Yesterday I came up on a very bad accident.  It had to have just happened (no help had arrived) and people were driving around it, running over car parts and no one was stopping.  I stopped, got out about the same time another woman blocked traffic with her SUV and got out to help.  A truck was overturned and on its top (no idea how the kid got out) and a van was completely smashed on the drivers side.  All people were awake and talking but a lot of blood, gashes, trouble breathing,  etc.  The other woman ran to the lady in the van and I grabbed rags to help the kid sitting on the side of the road from the truck.  He just kept saying how sorry he was, he knew it was his fault, he dozed off and all he cared was if the other lady was ok :(  I put the rags around his arms to catch some of the blood and just kept talking to him.  I managed to kneel down in blood, and have it all over me.... but I was so glad to be there for this kid.  I was completely disgused and left almost in tears at how cold our society has become.   People just driving by, running over the debree and watching... I mean what has this world come to?  So what if you don't know CPR?  I don't... so what if you are unsure of how you can help... STOP!  I mean come on... all I did was keep this kid talking until the paramedics arrived, had someone call his mom and was just there, yes for a COMPLETE STRANGER!   I have seen this too many times and have to wonder... what has happened to us?  I'm sorry my kids have to grow up in such a cold world. :(   One more thing to be sure to teach my kids.... HELP PEOPLE, don't just stand by, be involved!  Just had to share.... feeling pretty down on the world these days :(

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Maridel
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Good for you for stopping! My husband is always stopping to help EVERYONE he sees. I really admire that about him, cause I'm more reserved and really weary of strangers especially with my kids in the car. I'm trying to learn though! I'm glad everyone was ok

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:20 AM

I'm glad everyone was okay. You're right about society being cold. It reminds me of that video that made the news not too long ago, where the man was lying in the road and people were just driving around him. 8( It's so sad.

oredeb
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 11:32 AM

glad you were there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN