Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you read to your preschooler?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 3 year old (3 next sunday) loves books. Her favorites are fox in socks, green eggs and ham, horton hatches an egg and a few more. She usually gets on this thing where if we check out books from the library she will want to read the same one over again. Before she falls asleep (after I read 1-2 kids books) I'll usually read a little from a chapter book. Right now we are reading the little house on the prairie series, or a story from a book on my kindle "christian childrens bedtime stories"
Does anyone else do this? What are your childrens favorite books?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:40 PM
Our favorite book is the great Gracie chase by Cynthia rylant. But you have to not be afraid to use different voices like my husband does to make it awesome. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Lol I try to use different voices in all the books I read. :)

Quoting Boobah:

Our favorite book is the great Gracie chase by Cynthia rylant. But you have to not be afraid to use different voices like my husband does to make it awesome. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sew4fun
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I read alot to the girls. I have alot of the " I can read" and "step into reading" books that I like to read to Jo ( almost 5yo) they love any book , they are going to booth be bookworms when they can read alone LOL .

cedailey
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 8:18 PM

All the time.  We've enjoyed Winnie the Pooh, the My Father's Dragon series, Little Bear series, Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy, books by Graeme Base and by Robert McClosky

Mom2Kaylie
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Wizard of Oz series and Alice in Wonderland but maybe that was at like 4-5 yrs.  We only did about a chapter or two a night so it took a long time.  She loved it and so did I.  I also shared the movies with her several different versions after we read the books.  We still discuss them.  Good times. 

katzmeow726
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 9:44 PM
We are reading some winnie the pooh books. Their favorite is poohs nightime hum, a bedtike book. I read it twice before bed every night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheHighLife
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 10:06 PM

We have nearly 600 children's books - so we read EVERYTHING - but they really love Skippyjon Jones. 

oredeb
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 12:00 PM

my kids love poems read to them, books about animals,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN