Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

new to this

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi. My name is Rebecca and  in two weeks I will be sort of homeschooling my son. He is going to attend Wyoming Connections Academy and be in second grade. This was not an easy decision to make and since he is ODD I thought the first year it would be better to have a set schedule until we can work out the kinks or make sure this is the best thing for him, Our dd is going to be going into first grade at the public school for now. I felt he was not being challenged enough in public and thus was getting into trouble due to boredom. I tried to talk to the teacher and the principal and got nowhere. I am a little scared and looking at the books that arrived I am almost sure he is going to be challenged since he did not get to learn addition and subtraction of double ditgits and by the end of the year or sooner he is going to be doing multiplication. And he is learning cursive and other stuff that was not covered in first grade.

by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cedailey
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 8:15 PM

It is good to challenge.  I wouldn't worry.  My math program only does sums and differences up to 20 in first grade (no adding 2-digit numbers) and at the end of 2nd they've covered mult and div through the 10 times tables.  It's actually a pretty easy jump with a good program.  Also cursive is often easier for young children than manuscript.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Good luck! Remember that homeschooling is very flexible so you can arrange harder or easier work, subject by subject if you need. 8)

fygfitness_mom
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Awesome decision!

We are a virtual school family as well so if you ever want to chat please feel free to message me. :-)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 11:32 PM

We were with Connections Academy here in Florida at one point.  I think its a great program!  If some of the curriculum is turning out to be too challenging they will send you things to help get your son where he needs to be, atleast they did with mine :)  Welcome to homeschooling and look forward to getting to know you :)

oredeb
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 12:16 PM

yea fantastic decision choosing homeschooling!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN