Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

This Years Goals?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:56 AM
  • 7 Replies

I was just wondering if anyone has specific goals they really want their chidren to meet this year?

My 11 and 9yr old both have learning disabilities and have a very hard time with reading/writing.  My 11yr old has really come far but my 9yr old is still barely reading.  So this year my goal is to really focus on getting everyones reading/writing/spelling up!!!  Anyone else have goals for this new year?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
2turtles
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Neatness! My children both do really well academically, but because of their penmanship/coloring, it is hard to see.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2011 at 11:55 AM
We are going to work on my 10 yo's writing and spelling. Last year it was reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 12:38 PM

This year I'm hoping to have my 7 yo learn to read.  She's starting to know some words but would love to have her actually read.  I've never taught any of my kids how to read before.  My oldest learn at PS so this has always made me nervous to do.  So it's neat to watch my 7 yo grow in this.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 7, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Spelling and writing are huge ones for middle DS. Along with reading comprehension.

My oldest is doing well. I need to get him speaking Spanish. He has studied it for several years and is just too shy to use it.

Dd also needs to focus on spelling and writing. We focused so much on reading and math last year we need to take spelling to the basics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheHighLife
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM

This year (kindergarten) we're focusing on reading.

He can read - but it's slow going and he often gets stuck on the trickier rules and sounds like the silent "e" or the "ph" sound. 

oredeb
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 12:01 PM

no goals here well except for one of the boys he has to improve his handwriting. thats about it

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 8, 2011 at 12:12 PM
For Julia to feel more comfortable with the computer keyboard
For them to both be more patient with each other
All of us to stop yelling
Homemaking skills and independence for own hygiene (julia)
Ability to entertain themselves for longer periods of time doing something productive

To work at a steady pace getting through curriculum, but making sure she comprehends what we are learning.
Improve handwriting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN