Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool Coops?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM
  • 8 Replies

anyone a part of any of them ? I found one I was thinking about joining. But I am not sure what to expect or if it would be useful to us .

by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I finally found a group as well.  We haven't joined it b/c it hasn't started back up for the year yet.  We are going the annual get together next week to check them out.  Maybe they have an annual get together or maybe they could let you sit in to see how it works, etc.  We've never been in one yet and hoping it works out.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I applied for one online but after looking through what they offer I may opt out. They do not have anything I need right now , as they do not have preK or early K

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I am!!!  I drive over an hour most of the time to meet with them but its an awesome group!  We do a lot of educatoinal field trips and a lot of just fun getting together at each others houses with the kids!  My boys love it!!!  It took me going through a few to one one that really fit for us.

SCmomof3girls
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I am looking for some kind of group to join...we live in a small town and not much in our whole county. The counties on either side both have lots of homeschooling stuff, but everything I found says that county only is invited :/ 

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM

They can be most helpful because parents can take truns teaching group lessons (each teaching their specialty, making up for whatever subject one might be weak in.).  It can be very supportive for the parents and children when you find the right matches.

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Quoting SCmomof3girls:

I am looking for some kind of group to join...we live in a small town and not much in our whole county. The counties on either side both have lots of homeschooling stuff, but everything I found says that county only is invited :/ 

Try starting your own, and be sure to register with your State Homeschool Association:

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I wish we had one.  We are the only homeschooling family in our community right now.  The other family that was homeschooling graduated their youngest last year.  We live in a town of about 150 people, near another town of about 400, right in the middle of the oilfield, so...

oredeb
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM

im part of one and teach in one

ours has rules for all the kids to follow, the parents have to pay, the kids meet other kids, moms meet moms, field trips together, its like a classroom setting, have to be on time, no bullying, or hitting or etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN