Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool vacations !?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

I recently learned that Disney has several educational things to do for homeschoolers on vacation. HERE is more information . Have you found other fun places to go that have an education program, or a homeschool program?

by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Well the places we have been don't have a homeschooling program cause it's illegal here. We have found good ways to turn vacations into a learning experience. We live in Sicily and have traveled all over Sicily, Rome, Pisa, Florence, Naples, Paris, and London. Most of the learning is the European history. We've also been to a WWII museum over here. It's very interesting to here about the war from their point of view. 

sew4fun
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:35 AM

It is illegal to homeschool ? WOW. I bet you see some beautiful and amazing things !!! I want to go to Rome so badly ! LOL

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM
We probably won't do anything exciting and fancy, but plan on doing a lot of camp schooling. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeng1980
by Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM

We have a theme park/water park that has a zoo and a nature walk about an hour away from where we live.  My sister lives there and so we have season passes.  During the summer it's just a lot of fun at the water park for us but when it cools off they have homeschool days and it's a fun getaway from the schedule of school at home.  Otherwise I donm't know of anywhere else.

We personally donm't care for Disney as I view it as a money hog annd lots of uncessaries but I may look into it just because they do have things for homeschoolers now.

SCmomof3girls
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I accidentally stumbled upon a homeschool class when looking something up and it looks really neat. We are going to try to do it in November-  http://www.burton4h.org/documents/Burton4-HCenterhomeschooldaysFall2011.pdf   It's got a repties and invertebraes class, plus marsh and beach ecology. It sounds like something we would enjoy. We live close enough that it won't be a vacation, but it could be for some.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 8, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Sea World has a homeschool day & so dose Six Flags. Back in April we went on vacation to Glen Rose, Texas there is a place there called Dinosaur World & the month of April is Homeschool month & the price to get in was half of the regular price.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Quoting sew4fun:

It is illegal to homeschool ? WOW. I bet you see some beautiful and amazing things !!! I want to go to Rome so badly ! LOL

Yep, there are a lot of European countries that make it hard for parents to homeschool. For Italy it's illegal. We are able because we are here with the military. 

It's very beautiful over here. Especially the beaches. The water is crystal clear! 
Rome was awesome! If you ever get the chance to go take it!  

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 8, 2011 at 10:19 PM
I bet it is! I'd love to visit there. *dreams*

Quoting somuchlove4U:

Quoting sew4fun:

Yep, there are a lot of European countries that make it hard for parents to homeschool. For Italy it's illegal. We are able because we are here with the military. 

It's very beautiful over here. Especially the beaches. The water is crystal clear! 
Rome was awesome! If you ever get the chance to go take it!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN