Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just a thought to help eachother out.

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM
  • 18 Replies

What if we used this post, or had a permanent post for books we needed or ones we wanted to get rid of? We can post here and maybe help eachother out. Some pepole may have books to gift another homeschooler or sell for a good price. Maybe you have one or two books left to buy and want to post them here.

Just a thought : )

by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smc0178
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM

I think that is a great idea.  However, I just sold everything I wanted to sell and gave a friend in financial need a ton of stuff.  But I will always have more at the end of this year.  I love helping out those that can't afford to start out this journey.

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Quoting smc0178:

I think that is a great idea.  However, I just sold everything I wanted to sell and gave a friend in financial need a ton of stuff.  But I will always have more at the end of this year.  I love helping out those that can't afford to start out this journey.

It is great that you helped her out. I love it too!

I have a half used set of LIFEPAC American History for 5th gr, with the teacher manual, that I will gift someone.  Workbooks 1-5 out of 10 have been used, but you can white out the answers or use it for the information. All you need to do is pay for postage.

Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM

That's a great idea!

TheHighLife
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

The only bummer about book swaps is that books cost so much to ship. : /

Maridel
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I have some children's books I'm looking to give away. I will post later the titles I have.

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Quoting TheHighLife:

The only bummer about book swaps is that books cost so much to ship. : /

With large amounts of books yes. Using media mail does cut down on the cost.

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I have 3 unused workbooks for a 5th grade Reading curriculum from Houghton Mifflin. There is a Student practice book, Teacher edition and a Weekly Skills test book. If you want them they are yours for the price of media mail shipping.

twinstartermom
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:46 AM

That's a great idea. I'm looking for the following: Who made the world, Children's Hymn songs, Charlie Church Mouse for Pre-K(CD rom game). All the stuff for 3yr curriculum from ABCJesuslovesme.com. I'll see about getting money for shipping. At this time we can't because hubby got into an accident yesterday and we need to look for a new vehicle.

Maridel
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Anyone interested in Seton's Kindergarten for young Catholics and Religion 1 for Young Catholics?

twinstartermom
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM
I don't know if it is offered outside the USA but there are Flate-Rate boxes. Which is what I am going to try and get if someone would like to lend, give or sell me the stuff for the ABCJesusloves.com curriculum. That or alternatives for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN