Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Going to a homeschool store in the morning.

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:44 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am going to a home educators store in the morning. I am excited !!!! I hope I find some things I need.

by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armygirl16
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Fun!! I wish they had one near me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Fun. We do not have these near us. 

SCmomof3girls
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Have fun! We found an educational store near us (finally found a good thermometer there!) and we spent over an hour just looking at everything.  Who knew one could get so excited over workbooks and games and all that stuff they have, haha.

timon95
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM

have fun!

TheHighLife
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I love to go and look around them. The stuff is usually WAYYYYY too expensive, though. I found felt boards there, for example, that were $600! I can make one for $40 but had just never thought of it! Take a notepad with you. Lol. 

The one thing that I would go there for is if you're looking to invest in new curriculum sets or text books.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:10 PM

This store that I am going to carried gently used homeschool stuff as well as new. From what I have been told there is nothing in the store that is over $100 . Most used things do not go over $20. We had to change the date to Thursday but will still be going. I hope it is worth the hour drive LOL

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:57 PM

How fun!  I would live at Mardel, especially on education discount weekends, if there were one nearby!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I'm jealous! The closet store near me, specifically for education in across town. I need to get out there and have a look around. 8)

CafeMom Tickers

oredeb
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM

how'd it go?? did you buy anything??

tmgonz
by Member on Aug. 10, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Where is it? I go to one in Lewisville.  They are very helpful. Hope you find some great things.  I will be going back in the next week or so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN