Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Going to a homeschool store in the morning.

Posted by   + Show Post

I am going to a home educators store in the morning. I am excited !!!! I hope I find some things I need.

by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
sew4fun
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I did not get to go today I will be going in the morning. It is the one in Lewisville , the one in Duncanville closed. The half Price books in Rockwall has a great home school section , and they do have inventory sytems tat that store so if you call they can check right then and will hold things for two days if you need them to!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 5:04 AM

I soooo wish we had one close.  We did for a while and I never made it over there before they closed up shop :( 

sew4fun
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Ok ladies I got to go today and it was very cool although I am not sure I will be making the trip again anytime soon. they just did not have much for the age group I need. I did get some GREAT deals though. I got the A Beka language development cards,instruction book and a bonus Amber the Lamb giant book for $40, I got the homeschool numbers games and charts for $6, The little readers k4 set for $4, and the little owls k4 readers for $4 as well. So i saved quite a bit by going there.

tmgonz
by Member on Aug. 12, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Glad you got some good deals.  We live in Cedar Hill so it is a pretty far drive for us.   They have a web site I look on there and compare with amazon.  But I like going there because they are so helpful.  I am going next week for curriculum for my oldest daughter.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 3:01 AM

I forgot to check when I was there but if you do not mind can you look and see if they have the nursery curriculum for akeka ? I also got the numbers and letters for K3 books for her. I would really like to have the parent curriculum too. But they do not print it anymore :(

Quoting tmgonz:

Glad you got some good deals.  We live in Cedar Hill so it is a pretty far drive for us.   They have a web site I look on there and compare with amazon.  But I like going there because they are so helpful.  I am going next week for curriculum for my oldest daughter.

tmgonz
by Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I went today and I did ask.  The lady said they do have some things but you can check the website homeeducatorsresource.com.  Hope that helps.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Ok thanks, I am looking for the parent/teacher book I do not see that they have it.

Quoting tmgonz:

I went today and I did ask.  The lady said they do have some things but you can check the website homeeducatorsresource.com.  Hope that helps.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:03 AM

yay! WE have one near us, its an umbrella school/book store and I teach there! I haven't been all summer!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:38 AM
*jealous!* I would LOVE that. I'm considering adding that type of deal to my store once I feel comfy with working again. I have far too many dreams. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tmgonz
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Did you try ebay.  I went on there yesterday and saw some really great deals.  And keep checking the store website just incase they get one in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)