Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Input on Singapore and Time4Learning for curriculum?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2011 at 10:10 AM
  • 4 Replies

My 7 year old excels at math so with a little research, I found Singapore Math that may challenge her but also looks fun and interesting. Her weaker subject is the Language Arts Area so to make it seem more appealing, I decided to try Time4learning hoping that working online will entice her to want to do it. Any suggestions or tips on both of these are greatly appreciated!! I want to make sure that they are sufficient and also that we are getting the most out of both programs.

by on Aug. 13, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 14, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I used Time4Learning with my daughter for a while. She stopped liking it so we stopped using it. But until that happened I thought it was a great site for her.

AmyG1976
by Member on Aug. 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Until they get to the 3rd grade level my kids were using (one still is 1st grader) time4learning for LA they like it I liked it. finding that it is very close at least the 3rd grade part to switched on schoolhouse LA. As my 3rd grader just switched to switched on (she was already doing 3rd grade time4 over the summer). we switch to switched on at that point basicly because I own the CDs already so didnt want to pay the monthly fee. Time4 did help my now 5th grader (about a yr and 1/2 ago) get into his work more and helped him catch up and do a lot better. he was very behind in PS and not into doing work didnt like it idk but time4's colorfull fun helped him a lot.  

luvthesoap
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 7:52 AM

WE used Time4learning & we loved it. WE used it as a supplement,not core. IT was fun, and it helped me by giving me a teaching break.

Betty in ky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN