Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a home business?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 8:20 AM
  • 9 Replies
If so, what do you do? And how do you fit it in with homeschool? How old are your kids?

I ask because I run an online retail business and am considering shutting it down for at least a few months while we start out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I don't but good luck with yours!

Lisse_2006
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I work at home doing freelance. I am a content writer for a couple different clients. I am also in the process of starting my own video promotion business. This will be my first year homeschooling and my son will be starting in kindergarten. 

twinstartermom
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I am working on starting my own Etsy shop, mainly need a way to take and post pictures. Missing a cord to our camera. As for homeschooling, we are starting this year withe Pre-K, ABCJLM (ABCJesusLovesMe.com).

twinstartermom
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM
Bump for more info.
fygfitness_mom
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I am a Beachbody Coach. :-)

sew4fun
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:04 PM

No you cant shut it down ! I got on here to ask you for some things LOL!!!!! You know me prob better than anyone else here does ( heck you pay so much attention and are so kind you probably know me better than anyone on CM LOL) I have had a business but can not seem to get it up and going the way I really want to. I am changing the direction of my business and am going to try again. This time I am doing mostly things for the home, body products,homeschool and teaching aids, and maybe candles. I will only do bows with clothing and then only do clothing for special occassions. I will probably still to jewlery too though. My "theme" for my store is now a feminie/mommy/girly theme not just a girls clothing theme.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM

What I would suggest you do is just slow down your business for a little while. Maybe just sell some things ( your melissa and doug items ect) things that you can just stock, and then all the other things just do on a custom basis and limit that number to what ever you can deal with. If you can only do one custom a month , I think you will still have a following since you are well established. Then you can also try to stock up on things when you take a break from schooling ( like work one or two days then the rest is family time) to build a stock for Christmas and such.

tonoflove
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I run a small business from home.  Making/selling handmade items...I sell in a few stores, at craft fairs/farmer's markets/etc, and online.  My kids are 7 (well, will be in a couple days), 4, and almost 2.  Their homeschooling only takes about half the day so I am able to work in the afternoons.  Also, I do a lot of work after they go to bed.  I always make sure to take 1 full day 'off work' and spend with the family...usually Sunday.  Also, a brilliant idea by my oldest, was that the kids can have craft time (like art class for homeschool) during the time mommy does her sewing....they can be right there with me and still 'learning'. :)

malchusmom
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I have a home cleaning service that i direct from home, also help my dad with customer service for his company. Not easy, my phone rings like 50 times a day. Not easy, not planning on quiting but will slow down in the morning hrs so i can home school the kids at least from 8 to 11 or 12 without interruptions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)