Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Where is your favorite place to shop?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 8:22 AM
  • 14 Replies
I love shopping at kohls, especially when we get a 30% off coupon! And right now I have a $10 off $25 apparel purchase coupon too!

We are going to look for shoes for the girls. And maybe some clothes for next summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:16 AM

bi mart- has great plant stuff

rosses- cheap clothes and dishes!

thrift stores- books!!

yard sales- everything

yes kohls for dhs clothes! always has good sales! ohhh reminds me i have  dd 3 wedding coming in a couple months! maybe i should just wear what i wore at dd2s wedding???  its been a year!

borgen0128
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Farmers markets and MicahelOlaf.com

sew4fun
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Half-price-books for movies,music,stationary and cards,books, and books on tape, I also get some great games there.

Yard sales and Thrift stores for just about anything under the sun LOL

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:39 AM
I love half price books, but they haven't been too helpful as a homeschooler so far. (by that I mean they don't have any of the books we need).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I hate shopping.  LOL 

We go to Kohls and Penneys for clothes and shoes, generally.  Amazon.com for books and toys. 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Amazon has been growing on me lately!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM
I love to shop! Aeropostale, Hollister, and Rue 21 for my daughter and I (casual clothes). Old Navy and Children's Place for my son. JCPenney for hubby. Always shop clearance first, then sale items. Always use coupons. I like Academy for athletic shoes and clothes.
Hobby Lobby is the dangerous place for me to shop. I loooove everything from crafts to decor!

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Danielle163
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I'm not much of a shopper, but for homeschool stuff its Amazon and Rainbow Resource Center. Walmart, JC Penney, and Younkers if they have sales for everything else.

blessed2bmomof1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I love to shop at TJ Maxx. I don't even have to buy anything (Lol....yea, right. Like that happens often). big smile mini I haven't been there in months though, where it used to be a weekly venture. Times are tough all over and there are far more important things to spend the money on. But oh how I LOVE that store!

Close runners-up are Kohl's and JcPenney. I buy a lot of my picture frames at Kohl's and daughter's clothing at JC Penney.

blessed2bmomof1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I know there's probably not anyone here from my area, but on the off chance that there is, I have to mention Savers. It's a HUGE, new thrift store that opened not long ago. They are operated by the Boys and Girls Club and we have been shopping there a lot lately.

I bought my daughter her new nightgowns for summer there. Since she is so tall, she wears an adult women's size. Three of them were new with tags (from JCP) and were marked down to $1.99 each.

Last weekend we bought an entire set of encyclopedias (I estimate it wouldn't have cost any less than $200.00 retail), but we paid $16.99 for the whole set. We hit the jackpot there...we're a family of readers and walked out with a cartful of books. We spent just under $30.00.

Music cd's....we only listen to christian worship. They have them for $1.99-$3.99. Much less than we'd even pay for them at Walmart. They have a mix or new and used there, as area retailers donate their left over merchandise to them.

I love shopping...even better when I can do it frugally! Lol

I think a trip this weekend is in store! Woohoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)