Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your relationship status?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 8:23 AM
  • 23 Replies
Are you married, single, engaged, dating, etc?

If you'd like you can share the history of it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM
I'm married to a amazing husband and father. We have been married for almost 9 years in September.

We met through mutual friends who thought we would be perfect together, they were right. :) we dated from June of 1999 to october of 2001 before he asked the question, then were engaged until September of 2002.

Before him I had one super long relationship, which was weird because I was so young. Most people don't date the same person from age 11-17. And another semi long one while I was 17 for almost a year.

Wouldn't change a thing. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyHippie
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM

married...

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I've been married to Hubby for 7 years and this month we've been together 9 years. We actually knew each other really well in high school but didn't get together until I was almost 20.

mynameismuerte
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 11:28 AM
We've been married for 11 years. We met online and eloped 7 months later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Hubby and I started dating in october 2002. We met in september through a mutal friend. He came and sat at my lunch table (in highschool at the time) and we just started talking.
While taking a sip of my drink my friend said something really funny and I spit it all over him! He laughed and said "what did you do and can you do it again!"
We got married 3 years ago. And we will have been together 9 years this october!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinstartermom
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Married three rough years. The fourth is looking a lot better.

Lisse_2006
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I have a boyfriend, we have been together for 2 1/2 years. :)

misselphaba
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM

I met my DH at my first job 15 years ago (on August 2nd1996).  We did the flirty thing for a bit.  On August 31st, he asked me out for September 3rd.  I said yes.  We went out and it was a lot of fun.  I still remember our first date like it was yesterday. 

We kept going out.  We got married on February 16th, 1997 ~ 6.5 months to the day of our first meeting.  I was 18...and Dan was a crazy partier (until he met me...apparently, after we had our first date, he pretty much calmed down immediately, lol, according to his best friend and his mom, too), so it came as quite a shock to people when we decided to get married. 

Anyway, we got married, it was great!  Then 6.5 years to the day of our wedding, our son was born.  =) 

I love that we got married 6.5 months to the day of our first meeting and my son was born 6.5 years to the day of our wedding. 

15 years after meeting him for the first time, and I still get tingly when the phone rings if it's him, I get excited to see that he's sent me an email, or a text, or an IM.  I always start to get antsy when he's on his way home from work. 

SCmomof3girls
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I met my husband in Aug 1999....my best friend married his best friend. We met at the wedding and then I went home (8 hrs away) and we talked alot for the month after that. Then I went back to visit after the first month and ended up moving in instead. We got married in Dec 2002, so 8 1/2 years ago now :)

SuprMom12042702
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 1:27 PM
My hubby and i have been married for 3 months and one day lol
I met him thru a friend of mine, while still married to my ex lol
Long story short i knew my marriage was over. we were staying together because it was easier. He was doing his thing and i was doing mine. Then i met my friends uncle. we instantly clicked. We honestly havent spent a day apart since the night we met. That was 2 1/2 yrs ago. We have two great children together and he will eventually adopt my older kids. (gotta get stuff lined up for that) he is just awesome all the way around. And i honestly thank god everyday that he came into my life when he did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)