Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Calendars and Schedules

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM
  • 12 Replies

Do you buy a calendar from the store, print one off the internet, or use an online one?

I now have a printer so I am wanting to just print one off or use an online one that I can print off. Any website suggestions?

by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheHighLife
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Printfree.com, timeanddate.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM
I got a dry erase calendar for $3 from staples. I like that it is blank so I can work on months/days with dd. For schedules I made my own in an excel like program.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda_Jo1209
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Do you mind sharing your template?

Quoting Boobah:

I got a dry erase calendar for $3 from staples. I like that it is blank so I can work on months/days with dd. For schedules I made my own in an excel like program.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 15, 2011 at 1:50 PM
It was just a table of 5 columns and 8 rows. I put the days of the week across the top and filled in the subjects in the 7 squares below them. I wouldn't mind sharing it, but have no idea how! Lol
All you do is in word, click table, specify 5 columns and how ever many subjects you will do a day will be your rows.
We have something like 12 subjects, but only do 7 of them per day because not every subject gets done every day, kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cedailey
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:32 AM

All of the above :)  I have a weekly routine printable, a detailed weekly curriculum plan in Open Office, a Yahoo calendar, and a thick planner that goes in my purse.  I'm nearly compulsive about my planning.  Oh and if all else fails Homeschool SkedTrack at least holds my lesson scheduling.

Amanda_Jo1209
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 8:59 AM

OMG Girl you are my hero!!!! lol Where did you get your " "? What exactly is Open Office? I know what Yahoo is lol. I have a Yahoo account, Gmail account, and Live lmao. What type of "thick planner" do you use? Everyone that I have found doesn't seem to fit me well. Like the times start after I want them too and stop before I want them to. That make sense?

Quoting cedailey:

All of the above :)  I have a weekly routine printable, a detailed weekly curriculum plan in Open Office, a Yahoo calendar, and a thick planner that goes in my purse.  I'm nearly compulsive about my planning.  Oh and if all else fails Homeschool SkedTrack at least holds my lesson scheduling.

oredeb
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:46 AM

i get a whole book of them from target for a dollar

cedailey
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Open Office is an open source office suite, like MS Office only better and free.  My planner doesn't have times in it, I do that myself, It has large open blocks for each day, and tear off stripsalong the sides for menu planing and grocery lists.

I use this routine sheet, the times are every 30 minutes from 5 am to 11 pm, it could be adapted pretty easily to a schedule page (ie just change the title)  She has a lot of other great printable calendars, planners, and assignment sheets too. www.kristensguide.com/printables/calendars.asp

Quoting Amanda_Jo1209:

OMG Girl you are my hero!!!! lol Where did you get your " "? What exactly is Open Office? I know what Yahoo is lol. I have a Yahoo account, Gmail account, and Live lmao. What type of "thick planner" do you use? Everyone that I have found doesn't seem to fit me well. Like the times start after I want them too and stop before I want them to. That make sense?

Quoting cedailey:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 16, 2011 at 3:37 PM

I live by my Outlook calendar- if it's not on outlook it doesnt exist. It syncs with google calendar and sends everything right to my phone. I can also print it if I want a hard copy.

I get blank calendars at www.microsoftoffice.com  They have tons of free templates. I use these for my scouts as well. I give them a calendar each fall when we have our annualplanning meeting so they know when everything is coming up.

For the weekly schedule, I did those myself in excel.

2turtles
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I got one of those big desk calendars from Target and hung it on the wall.  It's big enough to fit everything in each square and now the kids know to go to the wall and check the calendar.   It wasn't that expensive if I remember correctly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)