Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you *use* your workbook pages? Copy them?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM
  • 18 Replies

I'm having a hard time actually pulling workbook pages from the math workbook.  LOL  I keep debating on if I should actually use the workbook pages by letting her write on them, put them in page protectors, or just keep them in the book and copy them.  

I'm really doubting I will copy them, but I would like to either use them again, or sell them so the money can go towards new curric next year.  

The only workbooks I have are Saxon Math, and Story of the World.  

by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sew4fun
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I do two things. The little $1 books I find that will work I let her work out of. I would like to get a laminating machine and pull each page out, laminate them , put holes in them and have them in a binder. That way she can use a dry erase marker or a crayon and use them over and over then I can re-sell them when we are done or I can have them for Trin. Now the A Beka books I got I am planning on making copies of them for her so I can use them again if I like them.

hailnbray
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:12 PM

it depends. if its a math worksheet we put it in a sheet protector so it can erase. if its something we need to cut apart for a project i make copies.

hailnbray
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:13 PM

if u slip them in a sheet protector u dont need a laminating machine.

Quoting sew4fun:

I do two things. The little $1 books I find that will work I let her work out of. I would like to get a laminating machine and pull each page out, laminate them , put holes in them and have them in a binder. That way she can use a dry erase marker or a crayon and use them over and over then I can re-sell them when we are done or I can have them for Trin. Now the A Beka books I got I am planning on making copies of them for her so I can use them again if I like them.

today I can say I just sat back and was greatful for having the greatest kids I could ask for. I am going to worry less and love a little more. I am going to stop counting the minutes till bed time and start counting the minutes till good night kisses. I am going to stop crying and start laughing. I know together this family can move mountains one rock at a time
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:20 PM
I was going to recommend the sheet protector too. Much cheaper than laminating. I *might* consider laminating if I had like 5 kids or something as it is sturdier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2011 at 6:39 PM
I am curious to hear the answers because I have debated this very same thing
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM

For right now, I let them use the workbook pages except for the ones we get from the library. If I ever buy more higher end curriculm, I would consider laminating for the next child.

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 7:52 PM

With the price of ink, I try to save copies for necessities. I use to copy most of their workbook pages to resell, but, in the end, the hassel was not worth it. Plus, there is no guarntee that they will sell, but  there is a guarantee that not copying will save you time and frustration. Just my 2 cents.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 15, 2011 at 9:46 PM
Haha good point! I'm thinking page protectors, I'll have to price them out. :)

Quoting swim-mom72:

With the price of ink, I try to save copies for necessities. I use to copy most of their workbook pages to resell, but, in the end, the hassel was not worth it. Plus, there is no guarntee that they will sell, but  there is a guarantee that not copying will save you time and frustration. Just my 2 cents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM
I just let her use the workbook pages. Then again they are just workbooks I have bought at walmart and target not worksheets out of a book...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I agree with swim mom.  I just let my children use the workbook pages.  Considering the cost of the printer ink and paper and the wear and tear on the printer, there really isn't much difference in the total cost.

Also, my time is soooo valuable!  It's so much more convenient not to worry about making copies for each day's assignment.  That time can certainly be put to better use, for me personally, that is. 

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN