Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you *use* your workbook pages? Copy them?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm having a hard time actually pulling workbook pages from the math workbook.  LOL  I keep debating on if I should actually use the workbook pages by letting her write on them, put them in page protectors, or just keep them in the book and copy them.  

I'm really doubting I will copy them, but I would like to either use them again, or sell them so the money can go towards new curric next year.  

The only workbooks I have are Saxon Math, and Story of the World.  

by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Replies (11-18):
mynameismuerte
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM
For us it really depends on just how expensive the purchase of another workbook would be. I have a couple where it's worth it to remove the sheet, copy it and stick it in a sheet protector for later. Others (Singapore Math workbook) I will just by another workbook when DS2 is ready (assuming that choice is the right fit for him).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:02 AM

By the time you buy the paper and ink, it is cheaper to buy another workbook!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:05 AM
I should check to see how much a workbook is. I got it as a package. We do use our handwriting without tears workbook because it was only $7 and you don't get much when trying to resell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasMom1978
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I agree with below.  Too much trouble on everyone's part to save these pages.  Use them... I figure I paid for them and I should get the most out of them.  Reselling the old stuff is too much of a hassle.  Curious:  can homeschool curriculum be a tax write off in any way???  That would help since I'm not a fan of the reselling process.  Thanks.

Quoting swim-mom72:

With the price of ink, I try to save copies for necessities. I use to copy most of their workbook pages to resell, but, in the end, the hassel was not worth it. Plus, there is no guarntee that they will sell, but  there is a guarantee that not copying will save you time and frustration. Just my 2 cents.

jpanan
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I just asked this question in another group, and some curriculums don't allow you to photocopy, and the workbooks are just intended for individual use. I just emailed Abeka to see if they would allow me to photocopy the workbooks for my 4 kids, and they said no I needed to purchase individual workbooks for each child. So I guess one has to use their own conscious for that one.

If allowed and if it's a big book, just for ease of use.. I cut the binding off of the book, then punch wholes in them and put them in a binder. Even if the kids are writing in the workbook, then you don't have to worry about the bulge when you are on the backside page? :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:45 AM
That's kind of silly I think, that they would expect you not to reuse for your own children. I guess in page protectors you aren't actually copying them, so I can do that in good conscience. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM

when i first started i used those protector thingys w/o the holes, but just didnt work good enough for me so i copied them. (yes i know about copywrite stuff)

cedailey
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I don't have any cheap workbooks, just activity and lab pages from $25-30 books.  So I hole punch and put in binders.  Then I either copy, or have them do the work on their dry erase boards.  With 3 kids, it is not cheaper to buy these books multiple times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)