Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first time recognized as a HS!!

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 9:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

We went to a celebration of an American Hero in our town. We visited his homestead, museum, and had games cake ect. While playing the games I was trying to help my son stamp while explaining to me DD who the Hero was. A mom came up and asked if I homeschool then explained she does too...small but nice conversation.

I have only technically been homeschooling 2 weeks, but also done'therapy' with my son. Do I wear a stamp on my forehead now? Does everyone know by looking at me? I am so extremly proud, but also a little afraid I may need to have some speech ready for negative comments (although none yet). It was just my first time being called on it.. Anyone else had a first time from strangers?

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 15, 2011 at 9:51 PM
That's neat :) I never have so far, but am always looking to see if I can spot one. Even dh said "she looks like a homeschooler" the other day. I said "what exactly does a homeschooler look like? And he said, "well... Like you". Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanut06
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 10:53 PM

DD is almost 3 and we finally moved from random books of interest to actual worksheets (letteroftheweek stuff, nothing serious).  I already have a statement ready for the negatives. sticking out tongue 

No, really, it's "Parents choose what is best for their children; this is what we've chosen for ours."  Yes, it's vague, but DH and I have no problem getting into the deeper, more firey arguments if we're ever provoked.devil

homeschool 

Happy momma and natural birth, homeschooling, and ERF advocate!
oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:58 AM

yea!!!!! congratulations!!! hahahaha yes ive had first times from strangers! they always seem to wana know how we are able to do it! stay with our kids all day long!hahahah

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 16, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I have never had someone ask if I was a homeschooler, but I have told a lot of people that we are & I always get a surprised look from them like they would have never pegged us as homeschoolers ( I guess that is a good thing that we look & act "normal" )

wright1212
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I thought I looked normal. ie no blue jean jumper LOL!!! I just had on jeans and a tank. maybe i look like a nerd? LOL  I think I am going to choose to think that being a really great mom makes me look like a homeschooler!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)