Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do...

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ever buy a curriculum and then kind of want to use it to do your own thing, but feel guilty about it?

by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
peanut06
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 10:57 PM

No guilt!  Homeschoolers are known for doing our own things LOL

There are parents who use Saxon Math as independent study, secular Sonlight and Charlotte Mason users, boxed curriculum followers who add lapbooks, even unschooling children who choose textbooks sometimes.  Ahh, the freedom of homeschooling!!

homeschool 

Happy momma and natural birth, homeschooling, and ERF advocate!
oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:56 AM

sell it!! or get ideas from it! trade it! or just keep it till later! or loan it out!

sew4fun
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Yes I have felt that , I just try to use a little of what I bought and wing the rest LOL

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM

One of the fears new homeschool parents express is they fear they will miss something causing the child problems in the future. As a result many start out clinging to the public school approach using their textbooks, worksheets, ext. But eventually they start creating their own curriculum, and only using prepared resources when adventagious. Keep in mind, independent studies reveal home educated children out perform their public schooled counterparts, so we are donig something right.

Understanding the different methods used by homeschoolers is very encouraging and helps you get started in creating your own curriculum.  This link explains.

How To Homeschool

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:54 PM
Remember, curriculum is a tool not your master. You decide if and how you want to use it. Do what's best for you and your children's learning style. That's the freedom we have as homeschoolers!

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)