Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

A curriculum assessment and recommendation site!

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

www.homeedexpert.com

This is a GREAT, VERY thorough site that assesses the parent's learning style, teaching style AND the student's learning style! It then gives curriculum recommendations for your particular situation.  There is NO obligation whatsoever once you've done the assessment but the materials are there for purchase should you decide to do so!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickersBreastfeeding tickers" />
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:43 AM
I used this site often in the beginning of our curriculum planning! I found it somewhat hard to go by, because the things I wanted to know more about never came up. (like I couldn't figure out how to make it tell me how good of a match Saxon would be for us since I didn't like what it chose for me.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Interesting... I liked the questions it asked... made me think about how my 4 yr old learns.  Although, it made me put her in a grade and I said PreK because of age but I think I should have done K since she is advanced...

oredeb
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:43 AM

neat!!

noraa21
by Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I tried it but I didn't really get any good matches that were high for my DS, everything they recommended for his learning style was either medium or low matches, so I am just going with what I originally planned on doing to start with . 

Mom71307
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I am sure there are times where matches hit well and when they don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN