Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Pocket Charts? (PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 5:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I saw at my neighbors house a reall cool calendar that you can put the individual days into separate pockets, the month at the top of the calendar, the weather etc...I brought it up to my hubby showing it to him what I found online and he can't justify spending any money on it and told me if I really wanted it I have to make it myself...
Fine...that shouldn't pose too much of a problem EXCEPT:
I have NO clue how to make the clear pockets so the days/months/etc can be seen I already have everything else made up...just not the pocket part. Transparencies are too short (all I've got are the letter sized ones) unless I'm going to use a ton and waste a bunch so I don't really want to do that and I'm not that great on sticking the two sticky sides of contact paper together to get that to work. I'm stumped... I was wondering if anyone else could give me some ideas on how to proceed...

Incase you don't know what I'm talking about (I don't think I explained it all that well) Here's a picture:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM
You can get clear vinyl at the fabric store! It's not very expensive and you can use a 40 or 50% off coupon if it isn't on sale! I have been considering doing the same thing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I didn't think of that at ALL!! Thank you! I'm headed to a fabric store soon too hopefully. I've gotta pick up fabric for a dress I need to make. I will keep my eyes open for it (the only fabric store by me is kinda crappy) and hope to find some :)

Quoting Boobah:

You can get clear vinyl at the fabric store! It's not very expensive and you can use a 40 or 50% off coupon if it isn't on sale! I have been considering doing the same thing :)

sew4fun
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Yes this but if you want to spend very little money you can just buy a clear vinyl shower curtin from the one dollar store for a buck and use that .

Quoting Boobah:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:27 AM
Did you look at www.ssww.com (S & S worldwide) or Oriental trading for pocket charts? I saw ones like or similar to that one for really cheap. Probably less than I could make it for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:44 AM

I picked up a small one at Target but I don't think that will be big enough for you. The others had great ideas! I was thinking you could cut baseball card pockets but I like the other suggestions better.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions :) I really appreciate it!!

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Look in the remnants at the fabric store!!  The Joanns by me ALWAYS has tons of vinyl in the remnant section. 

Quoting No_Difference:

I didn't think of that at ALL!! Thank you! I'm headed to a fabric store soon too hopefully. I've gotta pick up fabric for a dress I need to make. I will keep my eyes open for it (the only fabric store by me is kinda crappy) and hope to find some :)

Quoting Boobah:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Thank you :) I was at Joanns yesterday actually picking up fabric for a dress I have to make. We scoured our store and they didn't have any at all :( We have a crappy Joanns tho. We were able to find a really cheap vinyl shower curtain with rings at Big Lots right next door tho, so now I've also solved the problem of how I'm going to hang it too lol.

Quoting misselphaba:

Look in the remnants at the fabric store!!  The Joanns by me ALWAYS has tons of vinyl in the remnant section. 

Quoting No_Difference:

Quoting Boobah:

Cafe Kate
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Awesome -- yeah, the shower curtain idea was great.

Post a photo when you're done! I'd love to see how it turns out.

Quoting No_Difference:

Thank you :) I was at Joanns yesterday actually picking up fabric for a dress I have to make. We scoured our store and they didn't have any at all :( We have a crappy Joanns tho. We were able to find a really cheap vinyl shower curtain with rings at Big Lots right next door tho, so now I've also solved the problem of how I'm going to hang it too lol.

Quoting misselphaba:

Quoting No_Difference:

Quoting Boobah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)