Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Language arts.

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

Can anyone recommend any good language art programs that would be good for a 5th grader, (preferably free ones), that teaches them what verbs, adjectives, etc are.  We need to start off with more of the basic stuff  as when DS was in PS apparently this wasn't really taught the way it should have been, or he just didn't get it and they just over looked it as he did good in a lot of other areas. 

Anytime I would ask about something I was always told dont' worry he is doing fine, or he will always struggle with this or that.  He does have autism and ADHD, so I really think they just dismissed a lot of waht he did or did not learn.  Which is why we are now going to be homeschooling, better late than never I guess!

Gevie 

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sew4fun
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I have no idea I am sorry I am starting out in pre-k and nursery this year. I wish you luck and yes you are right better late than never ! You will be awesome and so will he !

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:32 AM
Www.enchantedlearning.com is $20 a year and has tons of nice printables.

Madlibs are great for learning parts of speech.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:16 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM

http://donnayoung.org/index.htm

This is an awesome site!

noraa21
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Thanks ladies, I will check those out after I get back from getting my DS from camp.

2turtles
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Do Mad Libs!  This is a favorite in my house and my children learned parts of speech without "being taught".  Plus,   it's fun! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)