Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What learning charts/posters ( or anything else) should I have out at all times?

Posted by   + Show Post

She will be in preschool. I am going to be painting,cleaning and moving over the next few weeks and will have a designated schooling area . I want to go ahead and make or get everything I will need so I can have it up. What kind of things should I have on display ? And yes I am really that clueless LOL

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:07 AM
Replies (11-14):
mrspriceisright
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Many have said an interactive calendar and to that I say, "YES!"

I used it when I taught PK in the classroom and at home when I taught mija.

It teaches months, days, counting, yesterday, tomorrow, patterns, simple addition and subtraction and more!!  Here's a site I just googled up that shows a great example.  http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/2010/03/preschool-corner-calendar-time.html

Obie9
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:11 PM

We have an extra large blackboard (in green) with a large school-type clock above it. We made the blackboard with paint from Home Depot and put boards around it to resemble a picture frame.Above the blackboard are capital and small letters.

We hung clotheslines from wall to wall from which hang the kids' artwork.

We decorated the walls with cheery school-type characters.

We have a calendar with the month, seasons,and weather and a, globe, loads of bookshelves (made with materials from Home Depot) including one holding a radio and CDs (great for music and dancing) and table with two chairs (our kids are not yet 3). Later, they'll have their own desks, but for now it works. We also have a sofa for Mom & Dad.

Oh yeah, we also have a supply closet and toys galore since the schoolroom doubles as a playroom. The kids know where they're kept so we have a lock on the closet door.

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:23 PM

1 thing i didn't see mentioned is a planets poster.

i also made a "100 days of school" poster so every day we have school we put a sticker on it. teaches counting. # recognition, and hopefully will encourage her to really want to do school daily because she knows on the 100th day we are going to do something fun.. Im just not sure what yet! lol

sew4fun
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:47 PM

awesome thanks ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)