Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Fun learning activities for groups?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:20 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have two parties to throw soon . I want to have fun activities that also teach them something at the party. Does anyone have any ideas? Jo will be 5 and her theme is Tinkerbell and Peter Pan. Trin will be 2 and here theme is classic Minnie and Mickey Mouse.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:48 AM

For Tinkerbell, maybe do an adventure/clue hunt? The clues would be small riddles or math questions (in fairy and pirate themes) that she would have to answer to move on to the next one. You could draw out a map that they would have to use to find the fairy dust/treasure. Everytime they came to a 'fork' in the map, there would be a clue. IDK kind of Dora- ish. LOL

The only thing that I came up with for Mickey is the Mickey Mouse Fun House and how they use special Mouse-a- tools to solve a problem. 8)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM
Oh man, my sil did an awesome pirate party a couple weeks ago. She had it outside, idk if that is possible for you or not.

She set up stations,
A "walk the plank"
A cup run, where you take an empty small cup, fill it with water, bring it back to fill the big cup.
A maze where they had to follow the ropes to the end
Bowling pins they had on a small child's picnic table, and you had to throw the ball at it to knock them down (like at a festival)
And the last station was balloons you had to sit on and pop.

She divided the children into teams, each had one person who could read. Then she gave the reader a map, and it told them what letter they had to start with. Once they did their challenge they went to the next letter on the map.

She did have one station not being used at the start so that if a group was ready before the group before them was done, they could go to an empty station.

Surprising to me, it actually worked out great! The kids had a blast. Then as the teams finished, they got their picture taken on the "x" marks the spot and got to choose from a treasure box.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM
Btw, most of the kids were about 4-7 years old, with maybe a 3 year old in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)